Taking the First Step
- Application Deadline
- Deposit Due
Round 1Application Deadline
October 4, 2019Notification
November 29, 2019Deposit Due
December 20, 2019
Round 2Application Deadline
November 15, 2019
Preferred deadline for international applicants and applicants interested in consideration for top named scholarshipsNotification
January 24, 2020Deposit Due
February 21, 2020
Round 3Application Deadline
January 10, 2020
Final deadline for general merit-based scholarshipsNotification
March 13, 2020 (Domestic)
March 20, 2020 (International)Deposit Due
March 31, 2020
Round 4Application Deadline
March 13, 2020Notification
Specified upon notification
How to Apply
Goizueta requires that all applicants complete our application in full to be reviewed for admission.
It is not necessary to complete your application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access it from any computer using the username and password that you create when you begin. When you finish the application, please also send the required additional materials to the below address to ensure your application is complete.
MAIL ADDITIONAL MATERIALS TO:
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road, Suite W288
Atlanta, GA 30322
We require an application fee from all applicants.*
FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Applying to One-Year MBA and/or Two-Year MBA: $175
- An additional $25 application fee is required of candidates applying for Goizueta's Evening MBA or MBA for Executives
*Note: U.S. Military service members and veterans will receive an automatic application fee waiver generated upon submission of the application. Forte MBA Launchers, current Peace Corps Volunteers and Teach for America employees are exempt from the application fee and must email us to request a fee waiver. Do not submit an application fee if you meet the criteria, we are unable to process a reimbursement. We do not issue retroactive waivers.
PAYING THE APPLICATION FEE
You can pay your application fee two ways, online and by mail.
(Visa, MasterCard, or Discover; Debit Cards are not accepted)
Send a check or money order made payable to Goizueta Business School and list your name and date of birth. Please send your check to:
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road, Suite W288
Atlanta, GA 30322
Applicants to Goizueta Business School are required to take the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Official score reports must be sent to Goizueta Business School directly from the testing service. You should complete the exam and request the official scores in enough time to be received by our office by the application deadline of the round in which you are applying (estimated delivery time is 20 business days). Both GMAT and GRE scores are valid for five years from the examination date. If you have taken the tests multiple times, please submit all of your scores.
You are encouraged to take the GMAT or GRE early in your application process so that if you do not perform as well as you would like, you have the ability to retake the exam prior to any deadlines.
A one- or two-page résumé containing your employment and education background must be uploaded to your application. The employment section on the résumé should include locations, titles, and dates, starting with your most recent job. The education section should include dates of attendance and degrees received.
We accept a scanned copy of your university transcripts for evaluative purposes. We do not accept records that you have downloaded for personal use. Acceptable documents must include the university/college name, your name, degree conferred with date (if applicable), grade point average and all courses with grades received. We require transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
If you are admitted to the program you will be required to submit official transcripts at the time of your enrollment deposit. Please plan ahead.
Complete all required essays, following the word limits indicated for each question. The essays must be answered and submitted for your application to be considered complete. Remember to review each question carefully. We consider essays to be a very important part of the application process, and they are your opportunity to show the Admissions Committee a bit about yourself beyond the application itself. Applicants who apply to more than one MBA program will only complete the essay question requirement related to their first-preference program.
1. POST-MBA CAREER GOALS
Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience, and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
2. LEADERSHIP IN BUSINESS
The business school is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. Roberto Goizueta's core values guide us in educating Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. Provide an example of your leadership and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience. (300 word limit)
3. VIDEO ESSAY
Please select ONE of the following topics to share with us using the video essay feature. Your comments should last no more than 60 seconds and you have the option to re-record until you are satisfied, before submitting.
- Of Goizueta Business School's core values (Courage, Integrity, Accountability, Rigor, Diversity, Team, Community), which one resonates the most with you and why?
- What is the best advice you have received and how have you used it in your life or career?
- Outside of family and work, what is something that you are passionate about and why?
Should you feel there is an important part of your story missing from your application (e.g., unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic probation issues), please use this section to provide a brief explanation. We ask that you limit your response to 100 words; responses in bullet point format are preferred.
As part of the MBA application, we require two letters of recommendation. We prefer that these recommendations are professional in nature. Please be thoughtful when selecting your recommenders, and make sure that you choose at least one person who knows you well in your current position such as a direct supervisor, project manager, or client. Your recommender should be able to answer the following questions about you:
- Please indicate to which group you are comparing this candidate (e.g., co-worker, MBA graduate, etc.)
- What characteristics or attributes best describe the applicant?
- In what area is the applicant most exceptional?
- In what area(s) does the applicant need improvement? Describe the applicant's awareness of these areas and response to constructive feedback.
- How would you describe the applicant's interpersonal skills and the impression they make in meetings, presentations, or other interactions? Is the applicant effective when working in a team?
As part of the online application, you will have the option of sending your recommendation requests in the form of an online survey. You may send the recommendation request through the online application at any time by entering their contact information, including their email address, and clicking the box that says, "Send to recommender." Goizueta Business School also accepts the GMAC Common Recommendation Form in lieu of our own recommendation form. Please enter your recommender information into our online application and advise your recommender to attach the GMAC recommendation as prompted without filling out our form.
Interviews are an important part of the admission process. All students who are admitted to our programs have been interviewed. The admissions interview offers you the opportunity to explain more in depth your educational and career experiences to date, and to elaborate on your post-MBA career plans. The interviewer is interested in both your professional accomplishments as well as your leadership and community achievements. The interview is similar to a professional job interview, and as such you should dress in business attire and bring an updated copy of your résumé. Interviews last approximately 30 minutes.
ON-CAMPUS & VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS
Interviews are by invitation only, after review of a completed application. Submit all required application materials in order to be considered.
Goizueta Business School expects all students to possess strong communication skills in English.
You are not required to submit an English Language Test Score if your undergraduate degree is from an institution in which English is the language of instruction AND you work in a country where commerce is generally conducted in English (for example: India, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Ghana, Nigeria, and Uganda). No TOEFL waiver is required, please do not request one.
For all other applicants whose native language is not English, we require the TOEFL exam (recommended score of 100 IBT or higher) or the IELTS (recommended score of 7.0 or higher). We require official scores be sent directly from the testing agency and to be received by our office by the deadline of the round in which you are applying (estimated delivery time is 20 days from test date or date requested). Your application will remain incomplete until the scores are received; unofficial test-taker copies are not accepted.
English Language Test waiver may be requested if a candidate has:
- Spent at least 3 years in the U.S. studying toward completion of an undergraduate degree, OR
- Completed a graduate degree in the U.S. followed by at least 1 year of work in the U.S.
Requests for a TOEFL waiver should be submitted in writing via email after you have submitted your application. Please provide explanation in the body of your email to show how you meet the above requirements.
If you are re-applying within two years of your original application, you are required to submit the information below. If more than two years have passed since your last application, you must complete all parts of the admission application.
- Online application and $175 re-application fee
- Updated résumé
- A new or updated recommendation
- Interview - It is not necessary for re-applicants who have completed an interview within the last year to interview again, but we strongly encourage you to do so.
Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions:
- Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
- Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School's MBA since your last application. (250 word limit)
Before beginning the application, review the helpful hints below:
- Receiving Emails: After first creating an account, an email will be sent to the address you listed with an autogenerated password. This email is usually sent within five minutes of your registration. Please check your junk folder if you do not see the email. For assistance, you may call the Admissions Office (404-727-6311).
- Pop-up Blockers: Disable any Pop-up Blockers running on your computer when completing the online application. Pop-up Blockers may prevent you from creating an account and/or from logging back in once your account has been created.
- Browser: Our application is compatible with most browsers and devices. It works most optimally in Google Chrome.
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action in admissions, educational programs and employment. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status.