Taking the First Step Toward a Future in Finance
How to Apply
We require a $125 application fee from all masters in finance degree applicants, due at the time the application is submitted. U.S. military service members and veterans will receive an automatic application fee waiver generated upon submission of the application. Do not submit an application fee if you meet the criteria; we are unable to process a reimbursement or issue retroactive waivers.
PAYING THE APPLICATION FEE
- Online Credit Card Payment (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover; Debit Cards are not accepted)
- Mail Payments
Send a check or money order made payable to Goizueta Business School and list your name and date of birth. Please send your check to:
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road, Suite W288
Atlanta, GA 30322
The essays are an important part of your master of finance degree application because they give you the opportunity to tell the Admissions Committee more about yourself...to share more of your story and aspirations. Please complete all the required essays below and follow the word limits provided. Your essays should be written in 10- or 12-point, Arial font and double-spaced; please do not include the essay title on the page. Upload your essay answers, numbered and in order, as one pdf document.
- What are your short- & long-term professional goals and how do you think a Masters of Analytic Finance will help you achieve these goals? (300 word limit)
- How did you arrive where you are today? Tell us about what or who has motivated you and shaped your decisions to date. (300 word limit)
- Describe an important global issue or innovation (current or historical) that particularly interests you and explain how it will become increasingly important to the world at large. (200 word limit)
- Video essay: Telling your story in the written essays is an important part of the application process, but we also want to hear you tell some of your story. The video essay lets every candidate talk to the Admissions Committee and we enjoy getting to know you through the "small talk" questions that are integrated into the online application.
- Optional: If there is an important part of your story missing from your application (e.g., unexplained gaps in school or work experience, choice of recommenders, academic probation issues), please use this section to provide a brief explanation. Please use bullets if you need to address more than one topic.
As part of the master of finance degree application, we require two letters of recommendation. We prefer that these recommendations are educational/professional in nature. Please be thoughtful when selecting your recommenders, and make sure that you choose people that can highlight your quantitative aptitude and past academic and/or career achievements.
Your recommenders should be able to answer the following questions about you:
- What characteristics or attributes best describe the applicant?
- In what area is the applicant most exceptional?
- In what area(s) does the applicant need improvement? Describe the applicant's awareness of these areas and response to constructive feedback.
- How would you describe the applicant's interpersonal skills and the impression they make in meetings, presentations, or other interactions? Is the applicant effective when working in a team?
As part of the online application, you will have the option of sending your recommendation requests in the form of an online survey. You may send the recommendation request through the online application at any time by entering their contact information, including their email address, and clicking the box that says, "Send to recommender."
We accept a scanned copy of your university transcripts for evaluative purposes. We do not accept records that you have downloaded for personal use. Acceptable documents must include the university/college name, your name, degree conferred with date (if applicable), grade point average, and all courses with grades received. We require transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
If you are admitted to the Goizueta master's degree in finance you will be required to submit official transcripts prior to beginning classes.
Selected applicants will receive an invitation to interview following an initial review of your complete, submitted application.
Interviews are an important part of the admission process. All students who are admitted to our master's degree in finance have been interviewed. The admissions interview offers you the opportunity to explain more in depth your educational and career experiences to date, and to elaborate on your post-degree career plans. We are interested in both your professional accomplishments as well as your leadership and community achievements. The interview is similar to a professional job interview, and business attire is appropriate. Please bring an updated copy of your résumé. Interviews last approximately 30 minutes.
Applicants to the masters of finance program at Goizueta Business School are required to take the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) unless they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Emory graduates who receive a 3.5 GPA or higher GPA in the following majors: Business, Math, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Theory & Methods, Computer Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or Pre-Medicine
- Received Series 7, CFA level 1 or CPA professional licensing and have a 3.0 GPA or above from an accredited university
- Submit a valid MCAT or LSAT
Non-Emory graduates and Emory graduates with other majors are encouraged to submit a GMAT/GRE waiver request if they have achieved a B or better in 2 or more of the following core undergraduate courses in statistics, math, economics, physics, computer science, or engineering. As part of the waiver request, you will be asked to provide your transcript and course descriptions.
We understand that applicants are experiencing hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic and that these challenges may be affecting your ability to take the required GRE/GMAT test. Due to the unprecedent circumstances, we are providing applicants who are directly impacted by COVID-19 with the opportunity to petition for a GRE/GMAT test waiver. The Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC) and Educational Testing Services (ETS) have introduced remote testing options for these exams and if you are able to take an exam, we encourage you to do so.
Goizueta Business School expects all students to possess strong communication skills in English.
You are not required to submit an English Language Test Score if your undergraduate degree is from an institution in which English is the language of instruction. No TOEFL waiver is required, please do not request one.
For all other masters in finance program applicants whose native language is not English, we require the TOEFL exam (recommended score of 100 IBT or higher) or the IELTS (recommended score of 7.0 or higher). We require official scores be sent directly from the testing agency and to be received by our office by the deadline of the round in which you are applying (estimated delivery time is 20 days from test date or date requested). Your application will remain incomplete until the scores are received; unofficial test-taker copies are not accepted.
An English Language Test waiver may be requested if a candidate has:
- Spent at least 3 years in the U.S. studying toward completion of an undergraduate degree, OR
- Completed a graduate degree in the U.S. followed by at least 1 year of work in the U.S.
Requests for a TOEFL waiver should be submitted in writing via email after you have submitted your masters in finance degree application. Please provide explanation in the body of your email to show how you meet the above requirements.
Before beginning the application, review the helpful hints below.
After first creating an account, an email will be sent to the address you listed with an autogenerated password. This email is usually sent within five minutes of your registration. Please check your junk folder if you do not see the email. For assistance, you may email us.
Disable any Pop-up Blockers running on your computer when completing the online application. Pop-up Blockers may prevent you from creating an account and/or from logging back in once your account has been created. Browser: Our application is compatible with most browsers and devices. It works most optimally in Google Chrome.
It’s Go Time
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action in admissions, educational programs and employment. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status.