Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Anything but business as usual.
An evolving and innovative portfolio of curricular and co-curricular resources, from theoretical to applied, guides students in developing the skills, knowledge, and mindset they will need, in their innovation & entrepreneurship aspirations.
EntrepreneurshipStart or join a startup
Social EnterpriseMaximizing profits while maximizing benefits to society
IntrapreneurshipCorporate innovation, growth and scaling, mergers & acquisitions, or spinoffs
Early Stage investing & Private EquityBe (or work with) early-stage investors and venture funds
Facilities & Incubation
Digital Life Tech Lab
The Innovation Deck
There a number of curricular and co-curricular learning experiences that go beyond the books. This is especially important for entrepreneurship and innovation skills. A few examples include:
- “Entrepreneurship practicum” course, in which students work with startups on projects, and pipeline startups for the investing Forum
- A set of IMPACT (strategy capstone) courses: select “strategic valuation” and “strategic management” clients are focused on innovation or are startups.
- AHIA (Advancing Healthcare Innovation in Africa) - Students, faculty, and African Innovators convene annually in South Africa for a symposium to help grow and commercialize ideas
- Custom directed study (often focused on a new business idea) is also offered to allow students to work on entrepreneurial and innovative work.
Recently Offered Courses
Goizueta offers an evolving and innovative portfolio of more than 15 different courses for undergraduate and graduate students. The courses, which range from introductory to advanced, theoretical to applied, guide in developing the skills, knowledge, and mindset they will need, whether founding or joining a startup, or innovating within established firms, at any point in their career.
- Entrepreneurial Accounting
- Financial Intelligence for Entrepreneurship
- Financial Valuation: Theory & Practice of Valuing a Business
- Entrepreneurial Practicum
- Entrepreneurial Private Equity Perspectives from Practitioners
- Appcology: New Commerce Infrastructure
- Think, Code, Make
- Innovation in a World Gone Digital
- Marketing Intelligence & Customer Insights
- Research & Development Lab course
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management
- Leading for Creativity & Innovation
- Applied Entrepreneurship
- Applied Lean Startup
- Innovation Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
Research & Featured Faculty
The Center supports innovative research and curriculum. Our multi-disciplinary faculty and staff collaborate on curricular and co-curricular content so that students are well-prepared for the complex and ever-morphing challenges of entrepreneurship and innovation. We have a balanced mix of faculty from academic fields as well as experienced entrepreneurs.
Professor in the Practice of Finance; Executive Director, Center for Alternative Investments
Senior Lecturer of Organization & Management; Senior Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education
Asa Griggs Candler Professor of Organization & Management; Academic Director, The Roberto C. Goizueta Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Professor of Organization & Management; Senior Associate Dean, Strategic Initiatives
Atlanta Tech Village
Goizueta sponsors an in-town incubator, with co-working space and conference areas at the Atlanta Tech Village (ATV) that fosters serendipitous interactions with hot startups in Atlanta. Winners of "Pitch the Professors" gain space.
Careers, Internships, and Experience
We encourage students to work at startups, apprentice at early-stage investors, and get a hand at pipelining startups at incubators. We can help you identify what’s right for you and work through our partners and through the Career Management Center to find the right experience.