This distinctive leadership program addresses emotional intelligence (your ¿EQ¿) and developing your cognitive, emotional, and behavioral capabilities so you will become an effective senior executive. This program helps you make the transition from managing a line of business to leading your organization.
- Program Date: April 26-28, 2016
- Price: $2,995 per person
After completing Leading with Emotional Intelligence, you will have the ability to:
- Be an effective leader with an understanding of how cognitive clarity, emotional intelligence, and executive presence lead to authentic leadership
- Improve your organization¿s productivity and profitability by minimizing those costs associated with the lack of emotional intelligence
- Measure your Emotional Intelligence so that you can leverage your strengths and build a brain-friendly environment that allows you and your organization to achieve break-through results
- Calculate the true costs of lost productivity, morale, and engagement, and how to counteract these by leveraging your EQ
Who Should Attend
Leading with Emotional Intelligence is appropriate for leaders at the mid to upper management level including those who:
- Have significant experience in a leadership role
- Impact decisions within their organizations and who want to enhance their capabilities to be an effective leader
- Are no longer individual contributors but now have management responsibilities
- Understanding brain science and its link to leadership by uncovering the links between emotional intelligence / neuroscience and leadership as well as how to capitalize on your individual strengths
- Gaining insight into your emotional quotient
- Knowing the requirements of your job and how they differ from previous roles
- Mobilizing collective efforts and achieving optimal results
- Uncovering the impact that emotional intelligence should have on key personnel discussions from talent selection to leadership pipeline development
Goizueta Learning in Action¿
- Genos assessment of job requirements
- MBTI II and EQ self-assessments
- Case Studies/video clips
Leading with Emotional Intelligence is facilitated by Professor Rick Gilkey who holds a dual appointment as Goizueta Professor in the Practice of Organization and Management and Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Emory School of Medicine. Gilkey is a renowned expert in the research of emotional intelligence. His findings have been published in both the Harvard Business Journal - "When Emotional Reasoning Trumps IQ"- and in the Neuroleadership Journal - "Using the whole brain to improve strategic reasoning." An excerpt of the Harvard Business Review article may be found here.
You can learn more about Rick's background and education by reviewing his official faculty bio for Goizueta Business School: Rick Gilkey.