For over 20 years, Goizueta has been partnering with businesses and organizations to extend the value of our faculty and student talent beyond the academic environment. Now, we’re calling it Goizueta IMPACT. It’s a new name for our proven approach to delivering value through client projects that make an impact on the organization and an impact on our students. Experiential learning that bridges the theory of business through real world experience is a hallmark of the Goizueta MBA.
Integrating education with engagement, we create custom student teams with faculty oversight to develop innovative solutions that will change your business. Many of our clients return year after year because of the tremendous results with minimal investment. In turn, Goizueta students graduate with the capabilities and confidence to succeed in the real world, armed with actual experience, effective leadership skills and the tools to solve a broad array of problems. Goizueta IMPACT creates a mutually beneficial relationship all the way around.
Goizueta IMPACT is our signature approach to experiential learning for MBAs, developed to give your career a running start by empowering you to put into practice the theories, frameworks and leadership skills learned in the program.Read More
Bring us your toughest challenge, and we’ll put our top talent on it. We’ll look at your complex issues from every angle with a fresh perspective. We’ll leverage our extensive research, resources and expertise. You’ll get more than you bargained for with real solutions that deliver real results. That’s Goizueta IMPACT.Read More
What are the benefits of partnership?
- Real Talent: Goizueta attracts the brightest minds in the business world. You’ll get a diverse pool of talent who can apply critical thinking with a new perspective.
- Real Insights: Our expert faculty help uncover blind spots, identify trends and anticipate both challenges and opportunities. A faculty advisor will mentor your team and help the students to leverage our research, resources and expertise.
- Real Visibility: Our partners often develop deep relationships with their student teams, while creating greater visibility at Goizueta. This can yield strong dividends in recruiting top talent.
- Real Solutions: Our students will perform data-driven analyses and use the latest business tools and research to develop real solutions with a set of actionable recommendations to deliver real results.
How do projects work?
IMPACT projects enable our students to build a bridge from theory to practice. Our students complete required coursework that equips them with proven frameworks, tools and processes to tackle complex problems effectively. They integrate these core, craft management skills with the business acumen gained through their other courses and apply it to their client’s project.
Goizueta clients can expect a team of three to six students working together to address one of the organization’s critical issues. Students are in regular contact with client liaisons to review findings and receive feedback, as well as to request information and data needed to complete the project. Throughout the project duration, we provide hands-on leadership coaching to ensure team effectiveness.
What makes a good project?
Goizueta students are ready to tackle a broad array of organizational challenges. Give us an issue of strategic importance or a complex problem that is multi-disciplinary in nature. We will bring you creative solutions that can transform your business. Some questions addressed with past projects include:
- The Coca-Cola Company: What are the best digital technology solutions for mobile consumer engagement, mobile payments and consumer loyalty that will support the foodservice strategy?
- Focus Brands International: How should Focus Brands International enter the China market with Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and create a sustainable business model in China?
- Private Equity Sponsor: Can we increase the value of a recently acquired trucking company through bolt-on acquisitions, and how should we expand in terms of geographies, industry verticals and specific targets?
- TCube Solutions: How can a thriving technology start-up move beyond a one-solution niche service to a broader portfolio of offerings to balance growth, scarce talent and value creation?
What problem can we help you solve?
What are the client's responsibilities?
- Work with the faculty team to create a defined scope that will ensure high quality results for your organization, while providing an excellent learning opportunity for our students.
- Provide two dedicated liaisons who will be available to connect with the student team on a regular basis for status meetings, access to data and review of deliverables.
- Provide company data and information for research and analytical purposes. (If there are confidentiality concerns, project teams will sign non-disclosure agreements as required.)
- Pay the project fee, which will be determined based on the scope and duration of the project.
Project Application Deadlines
- April 15: Application Deadline for Summer projects
- July 15: Application Deadline for Fall projects
- September 1: Application Deadline for Spring projects
For more information, please contact Lynne Segall, Associate Dean, at 404-727-2387.
We have partnered with more than 150 clients since the program began, including:
American Cancer Society / Atlanta Thrashers / Beats by Dr. Dre / Chubb Insurance / Cox Communications / Delta Air Lines / FOCUS Brands / GE / Georgia-Pacific / IBM / Kimberly-Clark / Mohawk Home / Newell-Rubbermaid / Rollins / SAP / Siemens / Solvay Pharmaceuticals / SunTrust / The Coca-Cola Company / The Home Depot / Turner / UPS / The United Way / The Weather Channel / WebMD