- Professor of Information Systems & Operations Management
- Goizueta Term Chair, Information Systems & Operations Management
- Phone: 404-727-1184
- Fax: 404-727-6313
Mailing Address:Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Professor Bharadwaj joined the Goizueta Business School in 1995 from Texas A&M University where she received her Ph.D. degree in Management Information Systems with a minor in Computer Science. She also holds an M.B.A and a B.S. degree in Mathematics. Before pursuing her doctoral studies, Anandhi worked as an information systems consultant at NIIT, a world-wide IT consulting firm and was responsible for IT systems development and executive training for clients world-wide.
Anandhi currently serves as the Department Editor for the IS track in Management Science and is a Senior Editor for Information Systems Research she has also served as an Associate Editor of MIS Quarterly (2002-2004) and the Journal of AIS. Her research has been published in journals such as Management Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, Journal of MIS, Production and Operations Management, and IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management.
- Narayan Ramasubbu, Anandhi Bharadwaj, Giri Tayi, Software Process Diversity: Conceptualization, Measurement, and Analysis of Impact on Project Performance – Forthcoming, MIS Quarterly
- Nikhil Mehta and Anandhi Bharadwaj, (2015) Knowledge Integration in Software Teams: The Role of Sentry and Guard Processes. Journal of MIS, 32:1, 82-115.
- Deepa Mani, Kannan Srikanth, Anandhi Bharadwaj (2014) Efficacy of R&D Work in Offshore Captive Centers: An Empirical Study of Task Characteristics, Coordination Mechanisms, and Performance. Information Systems Research 25(4):846-864.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Omar El Sawy, Paul Pavlou, N. Venkatraman, "Digital Business Strategy: Toward a Next Generation of Insights," MIS Quarterly, Special Issue: Digital Business Strategy, MIS Quarterly, June 2013, pp.471-482.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Omar El Sawy, Paul Pavlou, N. Venkatraman, "Introduction to Visions and Voices on Emerging Challenges in Digital Business Strategy," Special Issue: Digital Business Strategy, MIS Quarterly, June 2013, pp. 633-634.
- Roopa Raman and Anandhi Bharadwaj, "Power Differentials and Performative Deviation Paths in Practice Transfer: The Case of Evidence-based Medicine," Organization Science, 23(6):1593-1621, Nov-Dec 2012.
- Elliot Bendoly, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and Sundar Bharadwaj, "Complementary Drivers of NPD Performance: Cross-functional Coordination, IS Capability and Intelligence Quality," Production and Operations Management Journal, 21:4, 2012.
- Qianhui Liang, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and Bu Sung Lee, "Interactive and Iterative Service-Composition-based Approach to Flexible Information System Development," International Journal of Web Services Research (IJWSR), 8(4):81-107, 2011.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Mark Keil, and Magnus Mahring, "Effects of Information Technology Failures on the Market Value of Firms," Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 18:66-79, 2009. (Best Paper Award in JSIS, 2009).
- YuanYuan Chen and Anandhi Bharadwaj, "An Empirical Analysis of IT Outsourcing Contract Structures," Information Systems Research, 20(4):484-506, December 2009.
- Sundar Bharadwaj, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and Elliot Bendoly. "The Performance Effects of Complementarities Between Information Systems, Marketing, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Processes," Information Systems Research, 18(4):437-53, December 2007. (Runner Up Award for Best Published Paper in ISR)
- Eric Overby, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and V. Sambamurthy, "Enterprise Agility and the Enabling Role of Information Technology," European Journal of Information Systems, 15(2), April 2006.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj and Amrit Tiwana, "Managerial Assessments of Emerging Technology Projects: An Empirical Study of E-business Investment Decisions," IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 52(4), November 2005.
- V. Sambamurthy, A. Bharadwaj, and V. Grover, "Shaping Firm Agility through Digital Options: Reconceptualizing the Role of IT in Contemporary Firms," MIS Quarterly, 27(2):237-63, June 2003. (Runner Up Award for Best Published Paper in 2003 by OCIS division of Academy of Management)
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, "Integrating Positivist and Interpretive Approaches to Information Systems Research: A Lakatosian Model," Foundations of Information Systems, September 2000.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, "A Resource-based Perspective of Information Technology Capability and Profitability: An Empirical Investigation," MIS Quarterly, Spring 2000, pp. 169-196.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Sundar Bharadwaj, and Benn Konsynski, "Information Technology Effects on Firm Performance as Measured by Tobina's q," Management Science, 45(7):1008-24, July 1999.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Arun Sen, and Ajay Vinze, "Scheduling Cardiac Procedures: A Knowledge Based Approach," IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 46(3):322-34, August 1999.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Vijay Karan, Radha Mahapatra, Uday Murthy, and Ajay Vinze, "APX: An Integrated Knowledge-Based System to Support Audit Planning," International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance, and Management, 3:149-64, 1994.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Ajay Vinze, and Arun Sen, "A Blackboard Architecture for Reactive Scheduling," Expert Systems with Applications, 7:55-65, 1994.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Arun Sen, and Ajay Vinze, "Use of Reason Maintenance in Model Formulation," OMEGA: International Journal of Management Science, 21(1):123-33, 1993.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Joobin Choobineh, Amber Lo, and Bala Shetty, "Model Management Systems: A Survey," Annals Of Operations Research, Special Issue on Model Management Systems, 38:17-67, 1992.
Areas of Specialization
- Organizational impacts of information technology
- Business value of IT
- Internet commerce
- Effects of knowledge management technologies
Achievements and Honors
- Best Paper Award - Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 2009
- Best Published Paper-Runner Up, Information Systems Research, 2008
- Best Associate Editor Award given by Information Systems Research - INFORMS 2007
- Caldwell Faculty Fellowship Award at the Goizueta Business School
- Recipient of the Doctoral Student Research Excellence Award at Texas A&M University
Memberships and Activities
- Department Editor - Management Science (January 2015-present)
- Senior Editor - Information Systems Research (January 2009 - present)
- Associate Editor - Management Science (September 2007 - December 2014)
- Associate Editor - Information Systems Research (March 2003 - December 2008)
- Associate Editor - MIS Quarterly (Jan 2002 - December 2004)
- Editorial Board Member - Journal of AIS (June 2002 - December 2008)
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma
- Association of Information Systems Professionals
- Academy of Management
- Ph.D. Management Information Systems, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 1993
- PGDRM, Institute of Rural Management, Gujarat, India 1985
- Bachelor's Mathematics, Madras University, Tamil Nadu, India 1983