Associate Professor of Information Systems & Operations Management
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322 USA
Professor Bharadwaj joined the Goizueta Business School in 1995 from Texas A&M University where she received her Ph.D. degree in Management Information Systems with a minor in Computer Science. She also holds an M.B.A and a B.S. degree in Mathematics from India. Before pursuing her doctoral studies, Anandhi worked as an information systems consultant at NIIT, a world-wide IT consulting firm and was responsible for IT systems development and executive training for clients world-wide.
Anandhi currently serves as a Senior Editor for Information Systems Research and as an Associate Editor for Management Science. She has also served as an Associate Editor of MIS Quarterly (2002-2004) and the Journal of AIS. Her research has been published in journals such as Management Science, Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, and EEE Transactions on Engineering Management.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Omar El Sawy, Paul Pavlou, N. Venkatraman, "Digital Business Strategy: Toward a Next Generation of Insights," MIS Quarterly, Special Issue: Digital Business Strategy, Forthcoming June 2013.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Omar El Sawy, Paul Pavlou, N. Venkatraman, "Introduction to Visions and Voices on Emerging Challenges in Digital Business Strategy," MIS Quarterly, Special Issue: Digital Business Strategy, Forthcoming June 2013.
- Roopa Raman and Anandhi Bharadwaj, "Power Differentials and Performative Deviation Paths in Practice Transfer: The Case of Evidence-based Medicine," Organization Science, 23(6):1593-1621, Nov-Dec 2012.
- Elliot Bendoly, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and Sundar Bharadwaj, "Complementary Drivers of NPD Performance: Cross-functional Coordination, IS Capability and Intelligence Quality," Production and Operations Management Journal, 21:4, 2012.
- Qianhui Liang, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and Bu Sung Lee, "Interactive and Iterative Service-Composition-based Approach to Flexible Information System Development," International Journal of Web Services Research (IJWSR), 8(4):81-107, 2011.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Mark Keil, and Magnus Mahring, "Effects of Information Technology Failures on the Market Value of Firms," Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 18:66-79, 2009. (Best Paper Award in JSIS, 2009)
- YuanYuan Chen and Anandhi Bharadwaj, "An Empirical Analysis of IT Outsourcing Contract Structures," Information Systems Research, 20(4):484-506, December 2009.
- Sundar Bharadwaj, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and Elliot Bendoly. "The Performance Effects of Complementarities Between Information Systems, Marketing, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Processes," Information Systems Research, 18(4):437-53, December 2007. (Runner Up Award for Best Published Paper in ISR)
- Eric Overby, Anandhi Bharadwaj, and V. Sambamurthy, "Enterprise Agility and the Enabling Role of Information Technology," European Journal of Information Systems, 15(2), April 2006.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj and Amrit Tiwana, "Managerial Assessments of Emerging Technology Projects: An Empirical Study of E-business Investment Decisions," IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 52(4), November 2005.
- V. Sambamurthy, A. Bharadwaj, and V. Grover, "Shaping Firm Agility through Digital Options: Reconceptualizing the Role of IT in Contemporary Firms," MIS Quarterly, 27(2):237-63, June 2003. (Runner Up Award for Best Published Paper in 2003 by OCIS division of Academy of Management)
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, "Integrating Positivist and Interpretive Approaches to Information Systems Research: A Lakatosian Model,"
Foundations of Information Systems, September 2000.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj,"A Resource-based Perspective of Information Technology Capability and Profitability: An Empirical Investigation," MIS Quarterly, Spring 2000, pp. 169-196.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Sundar Bharadwaj, and Benn Konsynski, "Information Technology Effects on Firm Performance as Measured by Tobina's q," Management Science, 45(7):1008-24, July 1999.
- Anandhi Bharadwaj, Arun Sen, and Ajay Vinze, "Scheduling Cardiac Procedures: A Knowledge Based Approach," IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 46(3):322-34, August 1999.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Vijay Karan, Radha Mahapatra, Uday Murthy, and Ajay Vinze, "APX: An Integrated Knowledge-Based System to Support Audit Planning," International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance, and Management, 3:149-64, 1994.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Ajay Vinze, and Arun Sen, "A Blackboard Architecture for Reactive Scheduling," Expert Systems with Applications, 7:55-65, 1994.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Arun Sen, and Ajay Vinze, "Use of Reason Maintenance in Model Formulation," OMEGA: International Journal of Management Science, 21(1):123-33, 1993.
- Anandhi S. Bharadwaj, Joobin Choobineh, Amber Lo, and Bala Shetty, "Model Management Systems: A Survey," Annals Of Operations Research, Special Issue on Model Management Systems, 38:17-67, 1992.
Areas of Specialization
- Organizational impacts of information technology
- Business value of IT
- Internet commerce
- Effects of knowledge management technologies
Achievements and Honors
- Best Associate Editor Award given by Information Systems Research - INFORMS 2007 .
- Caldwell Faculty Fellowship Award at the Goizueta Business School
- Recipient of the Doctoral Student Research Excellence Award at Texas A&M University
Memberships and Activities
- Senior Editor - Information Systems Research (January 2009 - present)
- Associate Editor - Management Science (September 2007 - present)
- Associate Editor - Information Systems Research (March 2003 - December 2008)
- Associate Editor - MIS Quarterly (Jan 2002 - December 2004)
- Editorial Board Member - Journal of AIS (June 2002 - December 2008)
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma
- Association of Information Systems Professionals
- Academy of Management
|1993||PhD||Management Information Sytems||Texas A&M University|
|1985||PGDRM||Institute of Rural Management||India|