Finance for Non-financial Managers
This two-day course helps participants learn basic financial principles and apply them in a real-world context. The first day is devoted to understanding financial statements and analysis; the second day focuses on the links between strategy and finance. This experiential program relies upon the use of Microsoft Excel; participants are assumed to have a working knowledge of this software.
- Program Dates: August 19-20, 2014
- Price: $1,995 per person
- Learn basic financial principles and apply them in a real-world context
- Understand financial statements and analysis
- Explore the linkage between strategy and finance
- Develop an ability to use financial techniques to guide decision-making.
Goizueta Learning in Action™
- Financial Statement Analysis - Identify the Industry
- It's in the Numbers!
- It's My Money!
- Calculating WACC
- The Discounted Cash Flow
After completing Finance for Non-financial Managers, you will have the ability to:
- Understand the language associated with finance
- Read and Assess financial statements
- Understand basic financial terms and analysis techniques
- Recognize the link between organizational strategy and financial objectives
- Use "the numbers" to your best advantage to make more informed decisions
Who Should Attend
Finance for the Non-financial Manager is appropriate for leaders with limited knowledge and/or experience with finance who are currently, or who will be, functioning in non-financial areas and need to enhance their financial acumen. Participants should have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and understand basic financial calculations.
Finance for the Non-financial Manager is taught by Goizueta Faculty member Tom Smith.