Film and Media Management
The Concentration in Film and Media Management is a collaboration between the department of Film Studies in Emory College and the Goizueta Business School BBA Program. Participation is limited to BBA students and students who are film studies majors.
This concentration provides knowledge, competencies and experiences for students interested in pursuing careers in the film and media industries. As a BBA student, if you complete this concentration you will acquire grounding that will enable you to understand film and media in its historical and contemporary context as an evolving narrative form. Film Studies students who complete this concentration will acquire grounding that will enable them to understand the infrastructure and market mechanisms that support the creation and distribution of media content. All students will have the opportunity to pursue industry-related electives drawn from business and film disciplines. Finally, students will participate in a capstone course that will give them the opportunity to synthesize and validate their evolving perspectives in both an academic and an applied environment.
Requirements for Concentration
Core: Junior Year
For BBA Students:
- FILM 270: Introduction to Film
- FILM 372: History of Film Since 1954
For Film Studies majors:
Electives: Junior or Senior Year
Two Electives from a list including but not limited to the following. At least one of these electives must be in the program that is not the student’s own School of enrollment.
- FILM 356 History of American Television
- FILM 403 The Biz: American Film and TV Industries
- FILM 376 Narrative Fiction Filmmaking
- FILM 377 Narrative Filmmaking II
- BUS 321 Finance and Economics of the Film Industries
- BUS 349 Entertainment Media and Sports Marketing
- BUS 432 Negotiations
- BUS 441 Ideation
- BUS 442 Applied IMC
Capstone Core: Senior Year
- Film 407 Content Creation: Seminar for Producers and Directors
- LA Trek
- BUS 480G Entertainment Management Senior Seminar