As a BBA student, you will take BUS 365 - Communication and Professional Development in your first semester in the program. The course will help you develop the written and verbal communication skills that you will use throughout your career and that employers most value in interns and new hires. Business Communication works with the BBA Leadership curriculum to help you develop self awareness and emotional intelligence as you learn the professional norms of writing and presenting individually and with a team.
Our philosophy is that students learn by doing. Therefore the course has been designed to be highly interactive and immediately relevant. You will learn practical skills and develop materials that you can immediately use in your classes, during interviews, and on the job.
In the BUS 365 course, you will:
- Create, develop, and deliver professional presentations and documents
- Learn to communicate effectively as an individual and in a team
- Demonstrate effective project management and team dynamics
- Prepare for job interviews
- Increase your self-awareness and self-reflection
- Learn to construct a personal narrative that draws upon your life experiences to highlight your skills and abilities