Please address the following questions and submit all essays in one complete PDF file. Essays should be written in 12-point font and double-spaced. On the top of each page, indicate your full name as listed on your application and the question to which you are responding. The application system requires that you convert your document into PDF format prior to uploading it to your application. Instructions and access to a software program that will convert your documents are available within the application.
2015-16 Evening MBA Applicant Essays
Answer all essays, following the directions indicated in the questions. NOTE: Applicants who apply to more than one MBA program will only complete the essay question requirement related to their first-program preference.
- Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
- The business school is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. Mr. Goizueta's core values guide us in educating Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. Provide an example of your leadership - professional or personal - and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience. (300 word limit)
- Complete one of the following statements. (250 word limit)
- I am passionate about...
- The best piece of advice I've received is...
- The best day of my life was...
- A personal goal I want to accomplish is...
- Share with the committee and your future classmates a fun or noteworthy fact about you. (25 word limit)
Optional Essay: If you have additional information or feel there are extenuating circumstances which you would like to share with the MBA Admissions Committee (i.e. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance issues or areas of weakness in application). Please limit your response to 250 words.
Please note, if you are applying for a Center Fellowship through one of our Centers (Center for Alternative Investments, the Marketing Analytics Center or Social Enterprise @ Goizueta) an additional essay is required. Please visit the Center Fellowships page for more details on the fellowships and the application process.
Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions:
- What is your short-term career goal and why is an MBA from Goizueta an important next step toward that goal? (200 word limit)
- If your initial career plans are not realized, what else are you considering? (200 word limit)
- Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School's MBA Program since your last application. (250 word limit)
You may also submit the optional essay if you wish.