Financing Your MBA
A Program Like None Other
Unlike many other Executive MBA Programs, our program spans three calendar years, allowing you to reap more of the annual company sponsorship benefits, as well and personal tax benefits, which reduces out-of-pocket costs for you. The chart below showcases our annual tuition for both formats, as well as the impact of the most common company sponsorship amount on your total financial obligation.
And combined with additional individual tax benefits of up to $4,000 annually, an Executive MBA from Emory's Goizueta Business School can be within your reach.
Determining Your Costs
|Year||Term||Program Cost / Year||Your Cost After Standard Employee Tax Benefit ($5,250 annually)|
- Create a proposal highlighting ways in which coursework and new skills will benefit your role and organization, AND/OR
- Design an Independent Study addressing one of your company’s pressing needs
POTENTIAL TAX BENEFITS
- Up to $2,000 Lifetime Learning Credit, OR
- Up to $4,000 Tuition and Fees Deduction
Loan Types & Options
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Interest accrues from the time it is disbursed
- Repayment begins six months after graduation or if your enrollment drops below half time (6 hours)
- Origination fee (1.073%) deducted from each disbursement by the Department of Education
- Fixed interest rate (6.21%)
- Annual Maximum ($20,500)
Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan
- Not need-based but must file FAFSA
- Must meet credit check
- Fixed interest rate (7.21%)
- Origination fee (4.292%) is deducted from each disbursement by the Department of Education
- Repayment begins once fully disbursed, but the Department of Education will give a series of forbearances to postpone payment until after graduation
- Annual Maximum (cost of education minus any other aid)
Private Education Loan
- Not need-based (FAFSA not required)
- Must pass credit check
- Terms and repayment incentives vary depending on lender
- Variable interest rate
- Interest accrues from time it is disbursed
- Repayment begins 6-9 months after graduation
We have several tuition credits available to candidates who qualify in the following categories:
- Emory University Alumni
- Graduates of Goizueta Business School Executive Education Programs
- Active duty military and veterans who do not qualify for Yellow Ribbon (see bottom of the page)
- Applications employed full-time by 501 (c)(3) non-profit organizations
If you believe you may qualify for one of the credits listed above, please be sure to highlight this qualifier during your application process. To learn more about these credits, please address your questions to Caroline Grimes.
There are a number of scholarships available through both Goizueta and partnerships with local and national organizations.
We are delighted to partner with several Atlanta professional organizations:
- Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - two, $25,000 scholarships
- National Association of Asian American Professionals - two, $25,000 scholarships
- Women in Technology - two, $25,000 scholarships
- Department of Health & Human Services - 30% discount on tuition for those qualified
To learn more about the qualifications and application processes for these scholarships, please visit the websites of these organizations. We also encourage you to talk to your employer about any company-specific scholarships that may be available.
We offer a very limited number of honorary scholarships to qualified candidates. These scholarships are awarded after the class is enrolled. No additional information needs to be submitted for consideration.
The Executive MBA Class Gift Scholarship fund was endowed by the Class of 2005 to recognize an individual who brings a unique background and perspective to the class. Consideration given to candidates coming from a discipline or profession typically underrepresented in the EMBA Program, including but not limited to education administration, government, community service organizations, entrepreneurs, unique international professional background, and financial need should be demonstrated. All incoming students are automatically considered for this limited scholarship (no additional action needs to be taken) and one, $8,000 award will be made for each graduating Executive MBA class, shortly after enrollment.
The Executive Women of Goizueta (EWG) Scholarship is designed to promote the advancement of women in business and leadership by providing financial support to an accomplished female executives attending Goizueta Business School's Executive MBA program. Consideration is given to female candidates based upon demonstrated leadership, professional progression, community service, and unique international professional background. Each year, all incoming female students are automatically considered for this limited scholarship (no additional action needs to be taken) and one, $5,000 award will be made for each graduating Executive MBA class.
Goizueta has a very limited amount of additional funds to award to students with need. To apply for one of our Discretionary Scholarships, please submit a proposal document for the consideration by the Executive MBA Admissions Committee within two (2) weeks of admission notification. Factors that will be considered in the awarding of funds include the overall strength of the application, financial need, quality of work experience, career progression, and demonstrated leadership. All proposals will be fully considered, but only a very limited number of discretionary scholarships will be awarded.
Goizueta facilitates deferred payment, third party billing and other payment options.
Tuition bills are sent directly to student sponsors and are payable at the beginning of each term. Although some students will seek corporate sponsorships, it is not required for admission.
Deferred Payment Plan for Executive MBA StudentsTuition & Fees deferred until 60 days after the end of the term
- Intended for students whose company is sponsoring a portion of the cost of the program, but requires a review of grades before making payment
- Application must be completed each term for a cost of $70
- Apply through OPUS. Under Finances, click the link for Enroll in Payment Plan
Special Funding Options
A variety of federal and private graduate student loans are available to finance your Executive MBA degree. If you have any follow up questions, your Emory University financial aid representative will be happy to guide you through the process. You must reapply each year by completing a new Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
Special Funding Options
International StudentsInternational students have the option to secure up to $84,000 in financing without a US cosigner, offered through Emory Alliance Credit Union.
U.S. Military Applicants
Goizueta Business School participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, a provision of the post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008., as well as additional financing options to military candidates who do not qualify. Visit our section for Military applicants for more information about Yellow Ribbon and other benefits available at Goizueta. The Executive MBA Program also offers a limited number of scholarships for current and retired U.S. Military service members who do not qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Please contact Amy Stalzer with all U.S. Military benefits questions.