Executive Women of Goizueta
The Mission of the Executive Women of Goizueta (EWG) is to provide a forum for Goizueta women to be successful leaders in their careers, communities, and lives. EWG provides the environment in which to share experiences, learn about recent business trends and motivate one another to be successful leaders at work, at home and in our communities.
Membership shall include MBA alumnae, current evening and EMBA students, BBA graduates with five years professional experience, faculty/staff advisors of the Emory Goizueta Business School, and special members by approval of the EWG Board of Directors. Benefits of membership include:
- Social events (such as Cocktails at Bloomingdale's, wine tasting, holiday party)
- Educational events/Professional development (such as annual conference, summer breakfast series, lectures, webcasts)
- Volunteering opportunities (with our chosen charities, at events, committee positions)
- Staying connected (through LinkedIn, Facebook, & the EWG website)
- A board giving a collective voice and advocating on our behalf
- Career connections & networking with alumnae
Scholarships & Funding
$100,000 SCHOLARSHIP CAMPAIGN
Make A Difference
Business school, it turns out, is still a man's world. For all the strides women have made, they represent fewer than 30% of students in MBA programs across the US. Yet, women make up 47% of the workforce, and the majority of them (53%) are primary breadwinners.
This year 88 women will leave Goizueta MBA Program with a strong resume and career ambitions that may lead them on a bold new trajectory. The knowledge they take with them and the confidence they have gained will open new doors, and perhaps change the world. It's a tough, but invigorating educational experience; long hours of study on top of demanding work.
With your help, EWG will make it easier for one deserving Executive MBA student reach her dream. Our goal is to raise $100,000 to endow an annual $5000 scholarship to a deserving Executive MBA Student. Thanks to our generous donors, we've already reached $75,000.
Help us achieve our goal. Make a gift or a pledge designated to the EWG Scholarship by giving to Emory.
Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta: To build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
Dress for Success Atlanta: To promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
President - Kim Reese 12WEMBA; Vice President - Nora Bryant 03MBA; Secretary/Treasurer - Kathryn Mullen 10EvMBA; Past President - Barbara Marxer 94MBA
Members at Large
Lucy King 12WEMBA; Patricia Arundel 11WEMBA; Amanda Burman 11WEMBA; Lisa Fey 01EMBA; Lisa Lubar 88BBA; Baerbel Freudenthaler 07WEMBA; Dawn Hill 97BBA; GBS Advisor, Adrienne Jaroch
2013-14 Advisory Board
- Todd Helms, Sr. Vice-President Human Resources, Genuine Parts
- Marlene Hunter-Lammie, Regional General Manager, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Randall Addington, Partner, KPMG
- Renita Anderson, Director of Marketing, Imerys Performance Minerals North America
- Phil Barnes, CFO, AMEC
- Brian Boutte, General Manager, GE Power & Water
- Ann Cramer, Director Corporate Citizenship and Corporate Affairs, IBM (retired)
- Michele Golden, VP Talent Development, Turner
- Laura Grams, Sr. Director Engineering Talent, Cisco
- Helene Lollis, President, Pathbuilders, Inc.
- Emily Sanford Johnson, Labor & Employment, UPS
- Tonya Smalls, Managing Director Field Services, American Cancer Society