Executive Women of Goizueta
The mission of the Executive Women of Goizueta (EWG) is to create a community that facilitates, promotes, and inspires personal and professional leadership for Goizueta women. EWG hosts a variety of annual events designed to help Goizueta women encourage each other to remove barriers, promote diversity, and develop into stronger leaders. These events include an Advancing Women in Leadership conference, a speaker series featuring business and academic experts, as well as networking opportunities and discussion forums.
Membership shall include MBA alumnae, current evening and EMBA students, BBA graduates with five years professional experience, faculty/staff advisors of the Emory Goizueta Business School, and special members by approval of the EWG Board of Directors. Benefits of membership include:
- Social events (such as Cocktails at Bloomingdale's, wine tasting, holiday party)
- Educational events/Professional development (such as annual conference, summer breakfast series, lectures, webcasts)
- Volunteering opportunities (with our chosen charities, at events, committee positions)
- Staying connected (through LinkedIn, Facebook, & the EWG website)
- A board giving a collective voice and advocating on our behalf
- Career connections & networking with alumnae
Summer Breakfast Series
Occurring monthly each June, July, and August, EWG's annual speaker series features dynamic business leaders from the Atlanta community in an intimate setting to allow opportunities to interact with speakers and network with participants.
Advancing Women in Business Conference
The annual fall conference features high profile, national business leaders from across all industries. In addition to educational opportunities, conference attendees have opportunities to network with over 300 participants.
Make A Difference
Business school, it turns out, is still a man's world. For all the strides women have made, they represent fewer than 30% of students in MBA programs across the US. Yet, women make up 47% of the workforce, and the majority of them (53%) are primary breadwinners.
This year 80 women will leave the Goizueta MBA Program with a strong resume and career ambitions that may lead them on a bold new trajectory. The knowledge they take with them and the confidence they have gained will open new doors, and perhaps change the world. It's a tough, but invigorating, educational experience; long hours of study on top of demanding work.
With your help, EWG will make it easier for one deserving Executive MBA student to reach her dream. Please continue to give to enrich the endowment and to help us create additional scholarship opportunities.
- President - Lucy King 12WEMBA
- Vice President - Ana Amato 07EvMBA
- Secretary/Treasurer - Heidi Bacote 10WEMBA
- Past President - Patricia Arundel 11WEMBA
Members at Large
- Nadia Bedthauer 12WEMBA
- Allison Dixon 07EvMBA
- Betsy Hale 11WEMBA
- Bridget McCarthy Lasda 12MEMBA
- Melanie Lawrence 13MEMBA
- Dekia Scott 95MBA
- Kanyatta Walker 15WEMBA
- Renee Weese 02WEMBA