Executive Women of Goizueta
The Mission of the Executive Women of Goizueta (EWG) is to provide a forum for Goizueta women to be successful leaders in their careers, communities, and lives. EWG provides the environment in which to share experiences, learn about recent business trends, and motivate one another to be successful leaders at work, at home, and in our communities.
Membership shall include MBA alumnae, current evening and EMBA students, BBA graduates with five years professional experience, faculty/staff advisors of the Emory Goizueta Business School, and special members by approval of the EWG Board of Directors. Benefits of membership include:
- Social events (such as Cocktails at Bloomingdale's, wine tasting, holiday party)
- Educational events/Professional development (such as annual conference, summer breakfast series, lectures, webcasts)
- Volunteering opportunities (with our chosen charities, at events, committee positions)
- Staying connected (through LinkedIn, Facebook, & the EWG website)
- A board giving a collective voice and advocating on our behalf
- Career connections & networking with alumnae
Summer Breakfast Series
Occurring monthly each June, July, and August, EWG's annual speaker series features dynamic business leaders from the Atlanta community in an intimate setting to allow opportunities to interact with speakers and network with participants.
Advancing Women in Business Conference
The annual fall conference features high profile, national business leaders from across all industries. In addition to educational opportunities, conference attendees have opportunities to network with over 300 participants.
Make A Difference
Business school, it turns out, is still a man's world. For all the strides women have made, they represent fewer than 30% of students in MBA programs across the US. Yet, women make up 47% of the workforce, and the majority of them (53%) are primary breadwinners.
This year 80 women will leave Goizueta MBA Program with a strong resume and career ambitions that may lead them on a bold new trajectory. The knowledge they take with them and the confidence they have gained will open new doors, and perhaps change the world. It's a tough, but invigorating, educational experience; long hours of study on top of demanding work.
With your help, EWG will make it easier for one deserving Executive MBA student to reach her dream. Please continue to give to enrich the endowment and to help us create additional scholarship opportunities.
- President - Baerbel Freudenthaler 07WEMBA
- Vice President - Patricia Arundel 11WEMBA
- Secretary/Treasurer - Kathryn Mullen 10EvMBA
- Past President - Kim Reese 12WEMBA
Members at Large
- Lucy King 12WEMBA
- Betsy Hale 11WEMBA
- Bridget McCarthy Lasda 12MEMBA
- Dawn Hill 97BBA
- Heidi Bacote 10WEMBA
- Ana Amato 07EvMBA
- Renee Weese 02WEMBA
- Yolanda Thomas 97MBA
- Goizueta Business School Advisor, Adrienne Jaroch