- Assistant Professor of Information Systems & Operations Management
- Phone: (404) 727-6110
- Fax: (404) 727-2053
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
BiographyNikolay Osadchiy joined Goizueta Business School in September 2010 after receiving his Ph.D. from New York University in Operations Management. His research interests lay primarily in the OM-Finance interface and revenue management where he applies both theoretical and empirical methods.
- "Sales Forecasting with Financial Indicators and Experts' Input", with V. Gaur and S. Seshadri, Production and Operations Management, Vol. 22, No. 5, September-October 2013, pp. 1056-1076.
- "Selling with Binding Reservations in the Presence of Strategic Consumers", with Gustavo Vulcano. Management Science Vol. 56, No. 12, December 2010, pp. 2173-2190.
- "The Systematic Risk in Supply Chain Networks", with V. Gaur and S. Seshadri, 2014.
- "Impact of Waiting Time on Patient Throughput: An Econometric Analysis of Outpatient Clinics", with D.Singh KC, 2014.
- "Are Consumers Really Strategic? Experimental Study", with E. Bendoly, 2010, revised May 2011, Sept. 2012, Dec. 2013.
- "Behavioral Anomalies in Consumer Wait-or-Buy Decisions and Their Implications for Markdown Management", with A.Ovchinnikov and M.Baucells, 2014.
Areas of Specialization
- Empirical methods in operations management
- Revenue management
- Strategic consumer behavior
- Supply chain management
- Operations-finance interface
Achievements and Honors
- Distinguished Service Award, Management Science, 2013
- Meritorious Service Award, Management Science, 2012
- Meritorious Service Award, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 2011
- NYU Stern Ph.D. Teaching Excellence Award, New York University, 2009
- W. Edwards Deming Fellowship, New York University, 2009-10
- Presidential Fellowship, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 2001
- Ph.D. in Operations Management, New York University, New York, NY/United States 2010
- MPhil in Operations Management, New York University, New York, NY/United States 2008
- Master's in Applied Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia 2002
- Bachelor's in Applied Mathematics and Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia 2000