- Assistant Professor of Information Systems & Operations Management
- Phone: (404) 727-6110
- Fax: (404) 727-2053
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
BiographyNikolay Osadchiy joined Goizueta Business School in September 2010 after receiving his Ph.D. from New York University in Operations Management. His research interests lay primarily in revenue and supply chain management where he applies both theoretical and empirical methods.
- "Systematic Risk in Supply Chain Networks", with Vishal Gaur and Sridhar Seshadri, Management Science, forthcoming
- "Sales Forecasting with Financial Indicators and Experts' Input", with Vishal Gaur and Sridhar Seshadri, Production and Operations Management, Vol. 22, No. 5, September-October 2013, pp. 1056-1076.
- "Selling with Binding Reservations in the Presence of Strategic Consumers", with Gustavo Vulcano. Management Science Vol. 56, No. 12, December 2010, pp. 2173-2190.
- "Behavioral Anomalies in Consumer Wait-or-Buy Decisions and Their Implications for Markdown Management", with Manel Baucells and Anton Ovchinnikov, 2014.
- "Impact of Waiting Time on Patient Throughput: An Econometric Analysis of Outpatient Clinics", with Diwas Singh KC, 2014.
- "Are Consumers Really Strategic? Experimental Study", with E. Bendoly, 2010, revised May 2011, Sept. 2012, Dec. 2013.
Areas of Specialization
- Empirical methods in operations management
- Revenue management
- Strategic consumer behavior
- Supply chain management
- Operations-finance interface
Achievements and Honors
- Distinguished Service Award, Management Science, 2013
- Meritorious Service Award, Management Science, 2012
- Meritorious Service Award, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 2011
- NYU Stern Ph.D. Teaching Excellence Award, New York University, 2009
- W. Edwards Deming Fellowship, New York University, 2009-10
- Presidential Fellowship, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 2001
Memberships and Activities
- Ph.D. in Operations Management, New York University, New York, NY 2010
- MPhil in Operations Management, New York University, New York, NY 2008
- Master's in Applied Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia 2002
- Bachelor's in Applied Mathematics and Physics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia 2000