Dean's Distinguished Chair of Finance
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322 USA
Narasimhan Jegadeesh is the Dean's Distinguished Chair in Finance at the Goizueta Business School. He has also been on the faculty at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of California at Los Angeles. He has published extensively in the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies and other leading academic finance journals. His research has been discussed in several publications including Business Week, Economist, Forbes, Kiplinger's Personal Investments, Money, New York Times, and Smart Money.
- Do Analysts Herd? An Analysis of Recommendations and Market Reactions, 2009, with Woojin Kim, Review of Financial Studies (forthcoming) .
- Gender and Job Performance: Evidence from Wall Street, 2009, with Clifton Green and Kevin Tang, Financial Analysts Journal 65, 65-78 .
- Value of analyst recommendations: International evidence, 2006 with Woojin Kim, Journal of Financial Markets 9, 274-309.
- Revenue Surprises and Stock Returns' 2006, with Joshua Livnat, Journal of Accounting and Economics 41, 147-171.
- Post-earnings announcement drift: The role of revenue surprises, with Joshua Livnat, Financial Analysts Journal 62, 22-34.
- Earnings Quality and Stock Returns: Evidence from Accruals 2006, with Konan Chan, Louis Chan and Josef Lakonishok, Journal of Business 79, 1041-1082.
- World Markets for Raising New capital' 2006, with Brian Henderson and Michael Weisbach, Journal of Financial Economics 82, 63-101.
- Momentum: A review, with Sheridan Titman, 2005, Advances in Behavioral Finance II, Ed. Richard Thaler, Princeton Press, NJ.
- The Timing and Value of Forecast and Recommendation Revisions with Zoran Ivkovic, 2004, Journal of Financial Economics, 433-463
- Analyzing the Analysts: When do Recommendations Add Value? with Joonghyuk Kim, Susan Krische and Charles Lee, 2004, Journal of Finance, 1083-1124.
- Institutional trades around takeover announcements: Evidence of skill and information leakage, with Kevin Tang.
- Buy-Side Trades and Sell-Side Recommendations: Interactions and Information Content, with Jeff Busse and Clifton Green.
- Risk and Expected Returns of Private Equity Investments: Evidence Based on Market Prices, with Roman Kräussl and Joshua Pollet.
Achievements and Honors
- CBA Best Researcher award, College of Commerce, University of Illinois, 2001.
- Named in the "Incomplete List of Professors Rated as Excellent," 1997 to 2002
- Several papers have been nominated for the Smith Breeden Award
- Bailey Scholar, 1997
- Trefftza Award, 1987
- Associate Editor, Journal of Securities Markets, 1997-present
- Associate Editor, Journal of Finance, 2000-present
Memberships and Activities
- American Finance Association
- Western Finance Association
- Society for Financial Studies
Selected Consulting Clients
- Deephaven Asset Management
- HCL Corporation, India
- Nomura Securities
- Millennium Partners
- Morgan Stanley
- Stacey Foundation
- Wilson Associates
|1987||PhD ||Finance||Columbia University|
|1980||PGDM||Indian Institute of Management||Ahmedabad, India|
|1978||B. Tech||Mechanical Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology||Madras, India|