You are required to complete all pre-requisite courses prior to matriculating in the BBA Program, but it is acceptable to be enrolled in one or more of the pre-requisite courses in the semester that you submit your application.
All pre-business students must complete the following:
- Math 111 (Calculus I)OR AP Calculus credit for either AB or BC Calculus (AB credit suffices)
- Bus 201 Business Economics OR Econ 101 Microeconomics OR AP Micro credit AND Econ 112 Macroeconomics OR AP Macro credit
- BUS 350 - Data and Decision Analytics (Business Statistics) OR AP Statistics credit
- BUS 210 - Financial Accounting
- A Continued Writing Course in the College ( Note: The Admissions Committee prefers that applicants take a CWR that is a humanities or social science course. If students take a CWR in math, economics, a foreign language, or through the ESL program, they should take an additional CWR in the humanities to enhance the competitiveness of their application)
Advanced Placement Credits
If Emory University College Credit for Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics (for Decision Science), or AB or BC Calculus is posted on your transcript, these classes do not need to be repeated at Emory University.
|Area depth electives||4|
|Other required business electives||2|
|Non business and Flexible electives||4|
*One elective course must have an international focus.
General Education Requirements
You should plan to enter the BBA Program after completing most of your general education requirements (GERs). However, some BBA core classes count towards fulfilling the GERs for BBA students, and there is sufficient flexibility in the BBA curriculum to complete your remaining requirements, if necessary. For a suggested method for satisfying the GERs please click here.
The possibility of completing the needed college course work in conjunction with the BBA degree depends on the requirements of the major you are pursuing. You can use your flexible and non-business classes you need by planning carefully and working with advisors in both the business school. Click here to view a list of Emory College majors. Approximately 20% of the graduating BBA class successfully earns a college major.