Congratulations on beginning your path to an MBA. We hope this summary will provide you with a solid understanding of what to expect when applying to Goizueta’s Evening Part-Time MBA Program. The following steps must be completed in full in order for your application to be considered for admission.
Admission to Goizueta's Evening MBA program is highly selective. In keeping with the mission of Emory University, the admissions staff seeks to enroll a diverse Evening MBA class with a variety of experiences and talents. Due to the design and structure of the Evening MBA program, all admitted students must reside and be gainfully employed in the Atlanta area.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran's status, or any factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable law.
For the Evening Part-Time MBA we look for candidates:
- From all backgrounds and undergraduate disciplines to ensure a broad range of specializations and interests
- Who have a bachelor's degree with a strong undergraduate academic record
- Several years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Who are currently employed in the Atlanta area
- With solid quantitative and analytical foundations and strong written and verbal communication skills
- With competitive scores on the GMAT or GRE and, for non-native English-speaking applicants, the TOEFL, Pearson Test of English (PTE), or IETLS
Goizueta requires that all applicants complete our online application by 11:59PM EST on the application deadline. In addition to the online application, all candidate must complete the following prior to the application deadline:
- GMAT Scores
- English Language Test Scores
- Application fee
Interviews are required as part of the Evening MBA application process. Goizueta offers a flexible interview schedule, including some Saturday dates throughout the year. Interviews typically last 30-45 minutes and are conducted by members of the Admissions Committee or Alumni Recruiting Team. The format is conversational and relaxed, but applicants are requested to dress in business attire. For more information on expectations or to schedule an interview, please visit our interviews page.
You must electronically submit a one-page business résumé. The résumé should contain employment and education background. The employment section should include locations, titles, and dates, starting with your most recent job. The education section should include dates of attendance and degrees received.
Four essays must be answered and submitted for your application to be considered complete. (Only two essays are required for re-applicants). Remember to review each question carefully. We consider essays to be a very important part of the application process, and they are your opportunity to show the Admissions Committee a bit about yourself beyond the application itself. Please visit the Essays page for details on the questions and how to submit your finished essays.
Applicants to Goizueta Business School Evening MBA program are required to submit a valid Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score. Official score reports must be sent to the Goizueta Business School directly from the testing service. GMAT and GRE scores are valid for five years from the examination date. If you have taken either test multiple times, please submit all of your scores. GMAT test code for Evening is C3Q-71-90, GRE test code is 3984.
You are encouraged to take the GMAT or GRE early in your MBA application process so that if you do not perform as well as you would like, you have the ability to retake the exam prior to any deadlines. While a GRE average score is not available, scores comparable to the posted GMAT average are expected.
Goizueta Business School expects all students to possess strong communication skills in English. For applicants whose native language is not English, we require the TOEFL exam or the Pearson Test of English (PTE)*. The minimum score for the internet-based TOEFL is 100 and the minimum score for the PTE is 68. For those applicants without access to the TOEFL IBT, the minimum score on the paper-based test is 600. To waive the TOEFL or PTE, a candidate must have:
- Spent at least 3 years in the U.S. studying toward completion of an undergraduate degree, OR
- Completed a graduate degree followed by at least 2 years of work in the U.S., OR
- Received an undergraduate degree from an institution in which English is the language of instruction and works in a country where the commerce is generally conducted in English, such as Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Ghana, Nigeria and Uganda
* In cases where the TOEFL or PTE is not available, the IELTS exam score may be submitted. The minimum IELTS score required is a 7.0.
We will accept scanned unofficial transcripts for evaluative purposes. Transcripts must include clearly legible university name, student name, dates of enrollment, course grades and cumulative grade point average (where applicable).Please upload all transcripts to the application with your essays and résumé. If you are admitted to the program you are required to submit official transcripts with your enrollment deposit. We require transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
As part of the MBA application, we require at least two letters of recommendation submitted either online or via hardcopy. We prefer that these recommendations are professional in nature. Please be thoughtful when selecting your recommenders, and make sure that you choose at least one person who knows you well in your current position, such as a direct supervisor, project manager or client. Visit our recommendations page for instructions on submitting recommendations.
We require an application fee from all applicants. Applications cannot be fully processed until the application fee is received. Application fees are not waived*. Your application fee varies depending on how many programs you have applied for, and your fee total can be found on the home page of your online application.
Application fees are as follows:
- Applying to one (1) program only - $150
- An additional $25 application fee applies for 2nd and 3rd program choices EXCEPT within the Modular and Weekend Executive MBA formats.
- Applying to MEMBA and/or WEMBA - $150
- A $25 application fee for candidates applying to the Two-Year MBA Program through the Consortium (www.cgsm.org) and the One-Year MBA Program.
*Note: Applicants who have been on active duty in the U.S. Military within the last three years are exempt from the application fee. Please email MBAapplication@emory.edu if you fit this criterion.
Paying the Application Fee
You can pay your application fee two ways:
Visa, MasterCard and Discover – Debit Cards are not accepted
Pay by mail
Send a check or money order made payable to Goizueta Business School and list your name and date of birth. Please send your check to:Emory University Goizueta Business School MBA Admissions 1300 Clifton Road, Suite W288 Atlanta, GA 30322
If you are re-applying within two years of your original application, you are required to provide only select information. If more than two years have passed since your last application, you must complete all parts of the admission application.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to use the online application. The use of the online application allows us immediate access to your application. In addition the use of the online application will allow you to track the status of credentials that have been received in the graduate school.
Based on the strength of the cohort format, the Evening MBA program enrolls once per year in early August. Applications are reviewed in rounds and only when complete with all required materials received. We encourage candidates who have submitted their on-line application to log into OPUS to verify materials received and to check their application status. The Admissions Office cannot accommodate requests to verify materials received over the phone.
Application Deadlines for Fall 2014
|Round||Application Deadline||Decision Notification||Deposit Due|
|Round 1||November 1||November 22||December 20|
|Round 2||February 21||March 21||April 11|
|Round 3||April 25||May 21||June 13|
|Round 4||June 6||June 27||July 18|
|Round 5||July 9||July 23||July 30|
Applying in an earlier round allows more time after admission to prepare for the start of classes, but there is no advantage or disadvantage between rounds in terms of admission. Applicants should choose the round in which they feel they can submit their strongest possible application and test score. All applicants to the Evening MBA program will be considered for scholarship during the admission review process. No additional application materials are required, though applying by Round 4 is recommended for first consideration.
The recommended last GMAT and GRE test dates for each round are as follows: Round 1 October 12, Round 2 February 1, Round 3 April 5, Round 4 May 17, Round 5 June 19.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to limit the size of the entering class, and all decisions are final.
- Admitted Applicants: To reserve a place in the class, admitted applicants must submit a $500 non-refundable deposit that will be applied to the first semester's tuition.
- Waitlisted Applicants: If waitlisted, applicants are encouraged to return the provided waitlist form to remain on the waitlist and request feedback on their application.
- Denied Applicants: Applicants who are denied Evening MBA admission may request feedback after August 1st and are encouraged to re-apply within 1 year.
Each applicant must submit a complete application package to the MBA Admissions Office at Goizueta. Applications will not be reviewed until all elements of the application are received, including:
- Online application
- Official GMAT or GRE scores
- Official TOEFL, Pearson Test of English, or IELTS scores (if applicable)
- All recommendations
- Completed Interview
- $150 application fee*
*Application fees will be waived for all Evening MBA applications received between September 1, 2013 and February 21, 2014 (Rounds 1 and 2). Simply skip the application fee step and the fee waiver will be posted automatically after the application is received. Reimbursement for fees already paid is not possible.