It All Starts With One Step
- Application Deadline
- Deposit Due
Round 1Application Deadline
February 15, 2019Notification
March 15, 2019Deposit Due
April 5, 2019
Round 2Application Deadline
April 5, 2019Notification
April 19, 2019Deposit Due
May 10, 2019
Round 3Application Deadline
June 7, 2019Notification
June 28, 2019Deposit Due
July 19, 2019
Round 4Application Deadline
August 2, 2019Notification
Specified upon notification
Round 5Application Deadline
September 27, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until December 6 as space permitsNotification
Specified upon notification
How to Apply
Goizueta requires that all applicants complete our application in full to be reviewed for admission.
For candidates ready to take the next step, start your online application. It is not necessary to complete your application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access it from any computer using the username and password that you create when you begin. When you finish the application, please also send the required additional materials to the below address to ensure your application is complete.
Mail additional materials to:
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road, Suite W288
Atlanta, GA 30322
We require an application fee from all applicants. Applications cannot be fully processed until the application fee is received. Application fees are not waived.* Your application fee varies depending on how many programs you have applied for, and your fee total can be found on the home page of your online application.
Applying to MEMBA and/or WEMBA - $175
Paying the Application Fee
You can pay your application fee two ways, online or by mail.
(Visa, MasterCard and Discover -- Debit Cards are not accepted)
Send a check or money order made payable to Goizueta Business School and list your name and date of birth. Please send your check to:
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road, Suite W288
Atlanta, GA 30322
To ensure that incoming students are prepared to thrive in the academically rigorous MBA for Executives, Goizueta Business School requires a valid score from either the GMAT, GRE, or Executive Assessment (if eligible) as part of the application. A test waiver may be granted to candidates with substantial quantitative preparation such as an advanced degree or extensive experience in a quantitative field.
Candidates with more than 8 years of work experience are eligible and encouraged to take the Executive Assessment (EA). The EA is specifically designed to evaluate the business school readiness of seasoned professionals. The assessment focuses on skills that are critical both at work and in an MBA for Executives: higher order reasoning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. The EA is administered by the creators of the GMAT exam, but is tailored to experienced professionals. The EA requires only modest preparation, takes just 90 minutes to complete, and provides flexible rescheduling options.
If you believe your past academic and professional achievements demonstrate the skills assessed by the EA, GMAT, and GRE, you may be considered for a test waiver by marking the "Request Test Waiver" check box on the online application form before submitting it along with all other required application materials. No additional essay is required, but please include all relevant transcripts, certifications, or past test score reports in your application materials. The application will then be reviewed for admission and the test waiver simultaneously.
A one- or two-page résumé containing your employment and education background must be uploaded to your application. The employment section on the résumé should include locations, titles, and dates, starting with your most recent job. The education section should include dates of attendance and degrees received.
We accept a scanned copy of your university transcripts for evaluative purposes. We do not accept records that you have downloaded for personal use. Acceptable documents must include the university/college name, your name, degree conferred with date (if applicable), grade point average and all courses with grades received. We require transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
If you are admitted to the program, you will be required to submit official transcripts at the time of your enrollment deposit. Please plan ahead.
Please address the questions below and upload all essays, in order, as one pdf document. Essays should be written in 10- or 12-point, Arial font and double-spaced; please do not include the essay title on the page. You may attach your essays to your online application or you may email them as an attachment.
Executive MBA Applicant Essays
Answer all essays, following the directions indicated in the questions. NOTE: Applicants who apply to more than one MBA program will only complete the essay question requirement related to their first program preference.
Complete each of the following questions
- What are your short-term and long-term career goals and how will Goizueta help you to reach those goals? Please limit your response to one page.
- What is your most significant professional accomplishment? Describe your role in this accomplishment and how it helped shape your professional skills. Please limit your response to two pages.
- Team skills are an important component of a successful Executive MBA experience. Share with us an experience that helped shape your team skills, what you learned from the experience, and how you have been able to incorporate these skills in your professional and/or personal life. Your response should be limited to one page.
- In 25 words or less, what is a fun fact you would like to share with your classmates?
Required Video Essay
Within the application, you will be provided with a question to answer. You will have 30 seconds to gather your thoughts and prepare your answer. You will then have up to 60 seconds to respond to the question. You will be permitted 3 attempts to record your video essay, however each opportunity could present a different question.
As part of the MBA application, we require two letters of recommendation. We prefer that these recommendations are professional in nature. Please be thoughtful when selecting your recommenders, and make sure that you choose at least one person who knows you well in your current position such as a direct supervisor, project manager, or client. Your recommender should be able to answer the following questions about you:
- Please indicate to which group you are comparing this candidate (e.g., co-worker, MBA graduate, etc.)
- What characteristics or attributes best describe the applicant?
- In what area is the applicant most exceptional?
- In what area(s) does the applicant need improvement? Describe the applicant's awareness of these areas and response to constructive feedback.
- How would you describe the applicant's interpersonal skills and the impression they make in meetings, presentations, or other interactions? Is the applicant effective when working in a team?
As part of the online application, you will have the option of sending your recommendation requests in the form of an online survey. You may send the recommendation request through the online application at any time by entering their contact information, including their email address, and clicking the box that says, "Send to recommender." Goizueta Business School also accepts the GMAC Common Recommendation Form in lieu of our own recommendation form. Please enter your recommender information into our online application and advise your recommender to attach the GMAC recommendation as prompted without filling out our form.
We look forward to meeting with you for your application interview. This may occur at any point in the application process, but your file will not be considered complete until the interview has taken place. Interviews are offered in person, or (for non-local candidates) via Skype or phone. Feel free to select a time from the link below, or call 404-727-2549, if your schedule requires an alternative time.
If you are re-applying within two years of your original application, you are required to submit the information below. If more than two years have passed since your last application, you must complete all parts of the admission application.
- Online application and $175 re-application fee
- Updated résumé
- A new or updated recommendation
- Interview - It is not necessary for re-applicants who have completed an interview within the last year to interview again, but we strongly encourage you to do so.
- Video Essay
Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions:
- Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience, and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
- Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School's MBA since your last application. (250 word limit)
Before beginning the application, review the helpful hints below:
Receiving Emails: After first creating an account, an email will be sent to the address you listed with an autogenerated password. This email is usually sent within five minutes of your registration. Please check your junk folder if you do not see the email. For assistance, you may email us.
- Pop-up Blockers: Disable any Pop-up Blockers running on your computer when completing the online application. Pop-up Blockers may prevent you from creating an account and/or from logging back in once your account has been created.
- Browser: Our application is compatible with most browsers and devices. It works most optimally in Google Chrome.
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action in admissions, educational programs and employment. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status.