- Jonathan Broide, 16MBA
"The opportunity to engage the social impact community and work with individuals committed to addressing society’s biggest problems both in Atlanta and abroad drew me to SE@G. Through SE@G’s fieldwork projects, I look forward to gaining real-world experience developing actionable ideas for merging high social impact programming with financial sustainability."
- Project Manager at Management Systems International (MSI) – international development consulting for USAID
- Society for International Development, Washington D.C. Chapter
- SHAWCO education program tutor in Cape Town, South Africa
- Tara Mumford, 16MBA
Concentration/IndustrY: Social Enterprise
Hometown: Eden Prairie, MN
Words of Wisdom: Choose a school where you feel like you click with the people and enjoy the community because the network you build in grad school is one that can last a lifetime
Why I chose Goizueta: The combination or rigorous academics and fun people, the small class size, and the fact that we're located in a large city with many opportunities
"I was attracted to SE@G because I want to make a complete career switch and do something that I know gives back. I want to explore how I can bring my finance and operations background to a foundation and the fellowship provides a unique opportunity to learn from other students and the residents."
- Project Coordinator, Financial Services, Target
- Leadership Development Program, Target
- Treasurer for Target Volunteer Council
- Founder of Literacy program for adults with special needs at Fraser Twin cities
- Emily Pugatchenko, 16MBA
"I am very passionate about work in the economic growth and social impact space. Coming from a non-profit background, where we frequently engaged the private sector in our development projects, I am excited to work with SE@G to more deeply explore how the private sector can profit through socially beneficial products and business models."
- Senior Project Coordinator at ACDI/VOCA, USAID contractor
- Enterprise development projects in Kenya, Ethiopia, Paraguay, Lebanon
- Trained in “Making Markets Work for the Poor,” The Springfield Centre
- Hari Prasad Rajendran, 16MBA
"I love getting my hands dirty on the field more than anything else. And that’s exactly what SE@G offers. Field experiences through its Atlanta Programs and Travel Modules!!! This is in addition to the rich theoretical knowledge base through courses that link Business and the Society. SE@G also provides ample opportunities to understand the potential impacts today’s business can have on the society, and I believe it’s more than relevant now to understand these factors in a world that is aiming to achieve inclusive growth."
Past Experience with Social Enterprise:
- Associated with World Resources Institute and ADB on a project to analyse the renewable energy market in certain part of India that aimed at reducing energy supply demand gap.
- Pro-bono consulting projects - Formulated promotional and negotiation strategies for a medical trust that conducts free medical and blood donation camps in villages.
- Managed free medical camps in 15 remote villages as a volunteer for 7 years, benefitting around 1500 people.