- Peter W. RobertsProfessor of Organization & ManagementRead More
- Melinda KougioumtzisCenter Administrator
Melinda joined Social Enterprise @ Goizueta in 2012 and manages the center's operations. A graduate of Agnes Scott College, Melinda worked in Corporate Finance for several years before coming to Emory University in 2003 as an assistant in the Office of the General Counsel. After seven years in the OGC, Melinda took a couple years off to stay home with her family, before returning to Emory in her current role.
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
- David Kagulu-KalemaProgram AssociateDavid joined the SE@G team as Program Associate in 2014, working with the Start:ME program and the Impact of Entrepreneurship Database to further the development of program initiatives. In addition, David conducts research on micro-businesses. His interest in Social Enterprise stems from previous internship opportunities working in Uganda, The World Bank Family Network and the World Trade Organization. David recently graduated with honors from Amherst College, as a Sociology major and student-athlete.
- Brian GoebelProgram Manager, Start:ME
Brian serves as the Program Manager for Start:ME, a 14 week accelerator program that provides promising micro-entrepreneurs within marginalized communities the business tools, network access and early-stage financing needed to develop sustainable businesses that not only support entrepreneurs and their families, but also build neighborhood vitality. Brian also serves as an Advisor to the Goizueta Nonprofit Consultants (GNC) program, a student-led initiative overseen by Social Enterprise @ Goizueta that matches MBA students with area nonprofits to delivery impactful pro bono consulting projects.
Prior to joining Social Enterprise @ Goizueta, Brian worked in both the private and nonprofit sectors as a management consultant (Deloitte Consulting LLP) and community builder (United Way of Greater Atlanta). Brian is passionate about bringing new ideas to life as demonstrated by his founding role in several 501(c)3 organizations and community engagement programs. Brian has an MBA in Organization and Management from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School.
- Sean PetersProgram Manager, Impact of Entrepreneurship DatabaseSean is the Program Manager of the Impact of Entrepreneurship Database. Previously, as a founder and leader at the non-profit Global Agents for Change, his work helped create over $1 million in impact on global poverty through microfinance loans, education scholarships, and innovative youth leadership experiences. This work was recognized by the United Nations "UN Works" series, and led Sean to board or advisory positions with numerous entrepreneurs and non-profits. Growing from this work, Sean was a founder of the Global Catalyst Initiative, a program working with high-growth social ventures in Kenya and Uganda to try to address a critical lack of capital and technical support for early stage innovators. He is also a co-founder of RADIUS Ventures, a Vancouver-based impact accelerator growing out of the RADIUS social innovation initiative at the Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University.