- Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Phone: 404-727-4226
- Fax: 404-727-3552
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
BiographyAshish Sood is a professor of marketing at the Emory University and an expert in the areas of technology evolution and product innovation, and new product diffusion in emerging markets. His research has been published in top journals including Marketing Science and the Journal of Marketing, and won numerous research awards and grants. His paper are highly cited and the findings from his research have been published and re-printed in more than 40 books (e.g. Springer, Blackwell, and Wiley), thought-leadership publications (e.g. E&Y, Montgomery Research, Accenture, MSI’s Knowledge series), and business press (The New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal). Professor Sood regularly chairs special sessions in research conferences and has been invited to talk at more than 10 top international schools. Professor Sood teaches marketing strategy to the undergraduates, MBA and PhD students at Goizueta Business School. He won the Teaching Excellence Award at University of Southern California. Prior to joining the academia, he worked in the industry for twelve years in India and Singapore. Professor Sood is also an expert in quality management and TQM, and has conducted assessments of organizations for the Singapore Quality Award. He was the Lead Assessor for international standards ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, and consulted with firms in India and Singapore on quality management and environmental management.
- Sood, Ashish, Gareth James, Gerard J. Tellis (2012) "Predicting the Path of Technological Innovation: SAW Versus Moore, Bass, Gompertz, and Kryder," Marketing Science
- Sood, Ashish and Gerard J. Tellis (2011), "Demystifying Disruption: A New Model for Understanding and Predicting Disruptive Technologies," Marketing Science, 2011 30: 339-354
- Sood, Ashish and Gerard J. Tellis (2009) "Do Innovations Really Payoff? Total Stock Market Returns to Innovation" Marketing Science, 28(3) 442-456. SSRN's Top Ten Marketing Network Jun-Dec 2008
- Sood, Ashish, Gareth James, Gerard J. Tellis (2009) "Functional Regression: A New Model for Predicting Market Penetration of New Products", Marketing Science, 2009 28: 36-51. SSRN's Top Ten May 2010
- Sood, Ashish and Gerard J. Tellis (2005), "Technological Evolution and Radical Innovation," Journal of Marketing, 69, 3, 152-168.
- James Gareth and Ashish Sood (2005) "Performing Hypothesis Tests on the Shape of Functional Data," Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Vol. 50, Iss. 1.
- "Demystifying Disruption: A New Model for Understanding and Predicting Disruptive Technologies," MSI Working Paper Series 2010,10-102.
- Sood, Ashish, Gareth James, Gerard J. Tellis, "Functional Data Analysis: A New Approach for Predicting Market Penetration of New Products", MSI Working Paper Series, 2008, 08-200.
- "Do Innovations Really Payoff? Total Stock Market Returns to Innovation"MSI Working Paper Series, 2008, 08-116 - LEAD ARTICLE
- "The S-Curve of Technological Evolution: Strategic Law or Self-Fulfilling Prophecy?" MSI Working Paper Series, 2005, 04-116.
- Sood, Ashish and Stefan Stremersch (2010), "Deviation Among Technology Reviews: An Informative Enrichment of Technology Evolution Theory for Marketing," ERIM Report Series, Erasmus University, Reference No. ERS-2010-005-MKT
- "Research Productivity and Returns to Market Entry Decisions Hi-Tech Markets,” Center for Research on Technology & Innovation (CRTI),Kellogg School of Business, 2005
- Ph.D. Marketing, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Master's Business Administration in Management of Technology, Nanyang Technological University , Singapore
- Bachelor's Engineering in Electrical , Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi