Reshma H. Shah
- Assistant Professor in the Practice of Marketing
- Phone: 404-727-6302
- Fax: 404-727-6302
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
Reshma H. Shah is an Assistant Professor in the area of Marketing at Goizueta. Professor Shah joined the Goizueta Business School Faculty in 1997 after completing her Ph.D. in Marketing from the Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh. She has a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Illinois - UC and an MBA from the University of Southern California. In addition to her education, Reshma has worked full time in Corporate Component Procurement for IBM Corporation; in Litigation Consulting for Price Waterhouse; in Strategic Brand Planning for Unilever, PLC; and in Account Management for Leo Burnett Advertising.
Reshma's research interests include processes for implementing successful marketing alliances; relationship marketing; brand and category management; marketplace learning and integrated marketing communications. Her research has been published in the Strategic Management Journal, the Journal of Retailing, Industrial Marketing Management, the Journal of Public Management and Social Policy, the Proceedings of the American Marketing Association, the Proceedings of the Association for Consumer Research, the Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science and various other academic and applied conference publications.
Reshma teaches Marketing Strategy, Integrated Marketing Communications and Customer Behavior at both the undergraduate and MBA levels. In addition to her teaching and research, Reshma is the Faculty Advisor to the Goizueta Marketing and Strategy Competition. As Faculty Advisor for GMSC, Reshma has assisted student teams in completing marketing consulting assignments for such companies as: IBM, The Coca Cola Company, HP, Delta, The Home Depot, CibaVision, Kodak, UPS, Cox Communications, Earthlink, BellSouth, Turner, Motorola, Saab, Glaxo-Smithkline, Acuity Brands, Chubb Insurance, and others. She is an active member of the American Marketing Association, the Association for Consumer Research, and the Academy of Marketing Sciences.
- Shah, Reshma H. and Jamie Turner, How to Make Money with Social Media: An Insider's Guide on Using New and Emerging Media to Grow Your Business, Financial Times Press, 2010.
- Shah, Reshma H. and Vanita Swaminathan (2008), "Factors Influencing Partner Selection in Strategic Alliances: The Moderating Role of Alliance Context,"Strategic Management Journal, Volume 29, pp. 471-494.
- Shah, Reshma H. and Jagdish N. Sheth (2003), "Till Death Do Us Part. But Not Always: Six Antecedents To A Customer's Relational Preference in Buyer-Seller Exchanges," Industrial Marketing Management, Volume 23, pp. 627-631.
- Gruen, Tom and Reshma H. Shah (2000), "Determinants and Outcomes of Plan Objectivity and Implementation in Category Management Relationships," Journal of Retailing, Volume 76(4), pp. 483-510
- Shah, Reshma H. and Tom Gruen (2000), "Whose Side Are You On?: The Impact of Category Relationships on Category Performance," Proceedings of the 5th Research Conference on Relationship Marketing, Relationship Marketing in the New Millennium: Theory, Methods and Tools.
- Shah, Reshma H., A Modified Service Profit Chain: The Contingent Impact of Relational Value Disciplines on Firm Financial Performance, proceedings: Academy of Marketing Science - 9th Biennial World Marketing Congress, 1999.
- Shah, Reshma H., and Neale Martin (1997), The Antique University: The Impact of Information Technologies on the Future of Higher Education, Journal of Public Management and Social Policy, Volume 3(1), Summer, pp. 36-45, 1997.
- Implementing Successful Strategic Partnerships: Reducing Asymmetries and Overcoming Barriers Through Partner Goal and Process Convergence
- The Impact of Organizational Capabilities and Brand Equity on Equity Outcomes and Firm Performance
Areas of Specialization
- Relationship Marketing and Alliance Governance
- Customer and Partner Retention
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Processes and Performance
- Brand Management
Achievements and Honors
- Winner of Crystal Apple Teaching Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Education (2011 University Honor)
- Nominated for BBA Commencement Speaker 2011
- 1st place finish in Subaru¿s National Student Achievement Award among 14 leading business schools for students in Bus 446 ¿ IMC Spring 2008
- 1st place finish in Subaru¿s National Student Achievement Award among 12 leading business schools for students in Bus 446 ¿ IMC Spring 2007
- BBA Commencement Ceremony ¿ Keynote Speaker ¿ 2006
- Nominated for Keogh Award ¿ Goizueta Business School 2005
- Distinguished Educator Award, Emory University, 2004
- Nominated for Outstanding Teaching at Emory University, 1997, 1998 (University-wide Honor)
- Distinguished Doctoral Instructor, recipient of school-wide inaugural award for outstanding teaching ($1000 award), 1996
- University of Pittsburgh representative to 1995 Marketing Doctoral Consortium, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, August 1995
- University of Pittsburgh representative to 24th Annual Albert Haring Symposium, Bloomington, Indiana, 1994
- Best Paper Award: AMA Winter Educator¿s Conference, 1994
- Runner up, Best Student Paper Award: Research Conference on Relationship Marketing, 1994
- Steelmet Fellowship - Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, 1992
Memberships and Activities
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- Academy of Marketing Sciences
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Master's Business Administration in Marketing and Strategy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor's Science, University of Illinois