- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Affiliated Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Phone: (404)727-8150
- Fax: (404) 727-6313
Mailing Address:Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Susan Hogan is a member of the Marketing Faculty at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School and also Managing Director with Actionable Results Research, LLC. She is also an Advisory Council Member for the Global Soap Project.
Dr. Hogan joined the Goizueta Business School faculty in Fall of 2001. During her time at Emory, Susan has also served as Research Partnership Director for the Emory Marketing Institute, Affiliated Assistant Adjunct Psychology Professor, Faculty Advisor for Korean Leaders in Goizueta and Faculty Co-Chair for the Martin Luther King Community Service Awards.
While at Emory, Professor Hogan has successfully developed and launched the Non-Profit Marketing Consulting and Entertainment, Media, and Sports Fieldwork Courses, which have been offered to both the undergraduate and MBA level students. These courses provide pro-bono research and consulting services to non-profit organizations as well as to organizations with ties to the entertainment, media, and sports industries. Susan also teaches Consumer Behavior and Integrated Marketing Communications at both the undergraduate and MBA levels. Additionally, Susan has served as faculty advisor for independent studies sponsored by US and International firms, including Kimberly Clark, Suunto, and Coca-Cola.
Dr. Hogan's research activities include brand benchmarking and positioning, assessment measurement identification and plan development, primary and secondary data collection, analysis, summarization and recommendation development, as well as strategic plan assistance, guidance, and facilitation. Susan also has assisted as an expert witness, providing guidance and insight regarding how marketing efforts and other factors can influence the decision making process.
Dr. Hogan earned her Ph.D. in Marketing from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Prior to attending The Wharton School, Professor Hogan worked for IBM Corporation for 10 years. Her various positions at IBM were in the area of sales and marketing, working directly with both IBM’s corporate and channel partners. While working for IBM, Susan earned an M.B.A. in finance from New York University’s Stern School of Business through their Executive Programs. Dr. Hogan also holds a B.A. in Marketing from Michigan State University.
- The Two Faces of Accountability: How Responsibility Acceptance and the Threat of Accountability Influence Principal and Agent Evaluations, American Marketing Association Winter Educators'' Conference Proceedings, February 2003
- Shooting the Principal while Embracing the Agent: How Responsibility Acceptance Influences Principal and Agent Evaluations When Confronted with Bad News, 2004 Society for Psychology Winter Conference Proceedings, February 2004
- Communicating the Non-Profit Story: Challenges, Tales, and Strategies for Success (February 2012)
Areas of Specialization
- Consumer Behavior
- Non Profit / Social Marketing
- Decision Processes
- Marketing Research
Memberships and Activities
- Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association
- Society for Consumer Psychology
- Harvard Business School Club of Atlanta
- Global Soap Project Advisory Council
- Ph.D. Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 2002
- Master's Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University, New York, NY 1993
- Bachelor's Marketing, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 1987