Charles D. Frame
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Marketing
- Phone: 404-727-3469
- Fax: 404-727-6313
Mailing Address:Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Charles D. Frame holds a joint appointment at Emory University, where he serves in the faculty of Goizueta Business School as an adjunct associate professor of marketing, and the School of Medicine, where he’s the executive director of the Emory Center for Healthcare Leadership. In this capacity, Frame works with major healthcare organizations to assess their performance and develop their leadership.
At Goizueta, Frame teaches a variety of marketing course at the MBA and Executive MBA levels, including marketing research, marketing management, and melds his expertise in business and healthcare wth an innovative course on biotech market analysis. His principal research interest is in the area of determinants of customer satisfaction and quality perception. Frame’s current research focuses on the assessment of markets for emerging technologies, customer satisfaction, and salesperson effectiveness.
In addition, his other research interests include price negotiation in the purchase process, the marketing of professional services, the effects of consumer experience and expertise on the decision process, and asymmetric information and signaling theory. Frame has done extensive work and achieved consulting experience in the areas of customer satisfaction measurement, psychological assessment, and employee/leader performance assessment.
An active researcher in the areas of leadership effectiveness, customer satisfaction, consumer involvement, and quality perceptions, Frame is a co-editor and contributor to the Jossey-Bass book, The 21st Century Healthcare Leader. He served as director of the Management Development Program at Emory University and has worked as an consultant to a variety of firms including, The American Cancer Society, AT&T, Champion International and Johnson & Johnson. Prior to his doctoral studies, he worked in planning and marketing research for a major consulting engineering firm.
- The 21st Century Healthcare Leader , section editor and contributing author, San Francisco, Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- "Consumer involvement in services: An international evaluation," Journal of International Consumer Marketing, 3(2), 1991, with L. D. Dahringer, O. Yau and J. Kennedy.
- Consumer Involvement with services: An examination of the revised Zaichkowsky Personal Involvement Inventory," Proceedings, European Marketing Academy, 1990, with L. D. Dahringer.
- "The complexity of decision making processes: The impact of experience and expertise," Proceedings, European Marketing Academy, 1990, with J. Nantel.
- "Social distance within the service encounter: Does the consumer want to be your friend?" Proceedings, Association for Consumer Research National Conference, 1988, with C. Goodwin.
Areas of Specialization
- Biotech market analysis
- Marketing research
- Marketing strategy
Memberships and Activities
- Academy for Health Services Marketing
- American Association for Health Care Research
- American Marketing Association
- Society for Marketing Professional Services
- The Institute of Management Sciences
Selected Consulting Clients
- Alaska Fisheries Development Foundation
- GE Medical Systems
- Georgia Association of Realtors
- Marck & Co.
- Veterans' Affair Medical Center, Atlanta
- Ph.D. Marketing Research Methodology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Master's, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Bachelor's, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY