- Assistant Professor of Finance
- Phone: 404-727-7497
- Fax: 404-727-5238
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
Soojin Yim joined Goizueta Business School in 2010, after completing her PhD in Business Economics at Harvard University. Her research focuses on the role that individual managers, social networks, and governance institutions play in the determination of corporate finance policies. Prior to graduate school she worked as a consultant at Bain & Company and as an analyst at Marathon Asset Management.
- "Governance and CEO Turnover: Do Something or Do the Right Thing?" (with Ray Fisman, Rakesh Khurana, and Matthew Rhodes-Kropf), Management Science, Forthcoming.
- "The Acquisitiveness of Youth: CEO Age and Acquisition Behavior," Journal of Financial Economics, 2013, 108(1):250-73.
- “Board Interlocks and the Propensity to be Targeted in Private Equity Transactions” (with Toby Stuart), Journal of Financial Economics, 2010, 97(1):174-89.
- "Bank Ownership Structure and Failure" (with Sergey Chernenko), 2013.
- “CEO-Firm Match Uncertainty and Outsider CEO Succession,” 2010.
Areas of Specialization
- Corporate finance
- Corporate governance
- Social networks
Achievements and Honors
- Harvard University Dissertation Completion Fellowship, 2009-10
- Harvard Business School Doctoral Fellowship, 2004-08
- Ph.D. in Business Economics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 2010
- Bachelor's Arts in Economics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 2002