James D. Rosenfeld
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Phone: (404) 727-7832
- Fax: (404) 727-5238
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
BiographyJim Rosenfeld is an Associate Professor of Finance. Prior to joining the Goizueta Business School faculty, Jim taught at the Graduate Business School at the University of Georgia. He received his Ph.D. from New York University, his M.B.A. from Columbia University, and B.A. from the Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania. He recently completed two studies on the usage of trust preferred securities by banks and industrial corporations. He currently is investigating the price performance of sponsored spin-offs, a divestiture strategy that is gaining wide-spread popularity. Jim's papers have been published in the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Financial Research, Managerial and Decision Economics, The Accounting Review, Financial Management and the Journal of Money Credit and Banking.
- "Return Performance Surrounding Reverse Stock Splits: Can Investors Profit?", (with Seoyoung Kim and April Klein), Financial Management, (Summer, 2008) pp. 173-192 (lead article).
- "Capital Structure, Regulating Capital, and Securities Innovations," (with George Benston, Paul Irvine and Joe Sinkey), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 2003.
- "Raising Capital Using monthly income Preferred Stock: Market Reaction and Implications for Capital Structure Theory," (with Paul Irvine), Financial Management, 2000.
Areas of Specialization
- Portfolio Management
- Security Analysis
- Financial Management
Achievements and Honors
- Recipient of the BBA Program's "Distinguished Educator Award" for the 2006-2007 academic year at Emory's Goizueta Business School
- Associate Editor, Journal of Financial Research, 2/92-9/96
- Recipient of "Outstanding Finance Teacher Award" for the 1981-1982 academic year at the University of Georgia
- United States Steel Foundation Fellowship
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Omicron Delta Epsilon
Memberships and Activities
- American Finance Association
- Eastern Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
- Southern Finance Association
- Western Finance Association
- Ph.D., New York University, New York, NY/United States
- Master's in Finance, Columbia University, New York, NY/United States
- Bachelor's in Marketing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/United States