- Professor in the Practice of Finance
- Phone: (404) 727-9422
- Fax: (404) 727-5238
Mailing Address:Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Roy T. Black, who has taught part-time at Goizueta since 1999, joined the Goizueta faculty full-time in Summer 2007 to spearhead the Real Estate program. During his tenure at Goizueta, Black has seen his typical class size of 30 students and his load of one or two courses a year swell to the establishment of a program. He has a J.D. from Woodrow Wilson College of Law, an M.S. in Real Estate from Georgia State University, and a Ph.D. in Business Administration from the University of Georgia. Prior to entering academia, he spent 15 years as a real estate attorney.
- Roy T. Black and Joseph S. Rabianski, The Georgia Real Estate Guide to License Law, Brokerage and Related Topics, Georgia Real Estate Commission, Atlanta, GA, 1995.
- Roy T. Black and Joseph S. Rabianski, Real Estate Concepts and Practices, self published 2002-2007.
- Roy T. Black, Urban Development Regulations, self-published, 2006.
- Roy T. Black and Joseph S. Rabianski, Consulting Editors, Modern Real Estate Practice in Georgia, Dearborn Real Estate Education, 2007.
- Roy T. Black, “Real Estate in the Investment Portfolio,” Real Estate Issues, Fall 2004, 1-6.
- Roy T. Black, “The Historical Background of Some Modern Real Estate Principles,” Real Estate Law Journal, 2005, 34:3, 327-341.
- Roy T. Black and Paul L. Martin, “Corporate Real Estate as a Human Resource Management Tool,” Journal of Corporate Real Estate, 2006, 8:2, 52-61.
- Roy T. Black and Joseph S. Rabianski, “Defining The Real Estate Body Of Knowledge: A Survey Approach,” Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education, 2003, 6:1, 33-54.
- Roy T. Black, M. Gordon Brown, Julian Diaz III, Karen Gibler and Terry V. Grissom, “Behavioral Research in Real Estate: A Search for the Boundaries,” Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education, 2003, 6:1, 85-112.
- Karen M. Gibler and Roy T. Black, “Agency Risks in Outsourcing Corporate Real Estate Functions,” Journal of Real Estate Research, 2004, 26:2, 137-160.
Areas of Specialization
- Real estate
Achievements and Honors
- "Outstanding Faculty Award," presented by the Georgia State University Real Estate Alumni Group, January 22, 1997.
- Co-recipient of the Homer Hoyt Advanced Studies Institute Manuscript Prize for the best paper published in Journal of Real Estate Research in 2002, "Time, Place, Space, Technology and Corporate Real Estate Strategy."
Memberships and Activities
- Past President, Society for the Accreditation of Real Estate Programs, 2001-2002.
- Member, Board of Directors, Society for the Accreditation of Real Estate Programs, 2001-2004.
- Associate Executive Director, American Real Estate Society, 1998-present.
- Editorial Advisory Board, Nordic Journal of Surveying and Real Estate Research, 2004-present.
- Ph.D. Business Administration, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 1991
- Master's Real Estate, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 1986
- JD Law, Woodrow Wilson College of Law, Atlanta, GA 1974
- Bachelor's English, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 1969