Assistant Professor of Finance
Fax: (404) 727-5238
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322 USA
Francisco Barillas will be joining Goizueta Business School in August 2010 after receiving his Ph.D. from New York University in economics.
- “Doubts or Variability?” with L. P. Hansen and T. J. Sargent, Journal of Economic Theory, forthcoming.
- “A Generalization of the Endogenous Grid Method,” with J. Fernandez-Villaverde, Journal of Economics Dynamics and Control, Vol. 31, pp. 2698-2712, 2007.
- “Macroeconomic Releases and the Term Structure of Interest Rates,” 2010.
- “Biases in Bond Predictive Regressions,” with P. Collin-Dufresne, 2010.
- “Changing Beliefs about the Macroeconomy and Asset Prices,” 2010.
- “Welfare Costs of Business Cycles and Learning under Model Uncertainty,” with L. P. Hansen and T. J. Sargent, 2010.
- “Entrepreneurs and Fluctuations,” with M. Denardi and M. Cagetti, 2010.
Areas of Specialization
- Asset Pricing
- Financial Econometrics
Achievements and Honors
- The Henry MacCracken Fellowship, New York University, 2004-08
- University Graduate Fellowship, University of British Columbia, Canada, 2001-02
- Governor General’s Medal, Trent University, Canada, 2001
|expected May 2010||PhD||Economics||New York University|
|2002||MA||Economics||University of British Columbia|