Assistant Professor of Accounting
View Full CV
Fax: (404) 727-6313
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322 USA
Xue Wang joined the Goizueta Business School faculty in the fall of 2005, after finishing her Ph.D. at The University of Chicago. Her research interest is in the area of executive compensation, corporate governance, and securities regulation.
- Wang, X., 2010, Increased Disclosure Requirements and Corporate Governance Decisions: Evidence from Chief Financial Officers in the Pre- and Post- Sarbanes-Oxley Periods, Journal of Accounting Research 48, 885-920.
- Bushman, R., Z. Dai, and X. Wang, 2010, Risk and CEO Turnover, Journal of Financial Economics 96, 381-398.
- Engel, E., R. Hayes, and X. Wang, 2010, Audit Committee Compensation and the Demand for Monitoring of the Financial Reporting Process, Journal of Accounting and Economics 49, 136-154.
- Hansen, B., G. Pownall, and X. Wang, 2009, The Robustness of the Sarbanes Oxley Effect on the US Capital Markets, Review of Accounting Studies 14, 401-439.
- Engel, E., R. Hayes, and X. Wang, 2007, The Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Firms' Going-Private Decisions, Journal of Accounting and Economics 44, 116-145.
- Engel, E., R. Hayes, and X. Wang, 2003, CEO Turnover and Properties of Accounting Information, Journal of Accounting and Economics 36, 197-226.
- Disproportional Control Rights and the Bonding Role of Debt, November 2011 (with Aiyesha Dey and Valeri Nikolaev).
- The Segmentation of Euronext: A Solution to the Inadequacy of National Securities Regulators, November 2011 (with Grace Pownall and Maria Vulcheva).
- Global Stock Exchanges' Mechanisms to Reduce Home Bias: Evidence from Euronext, November 2011 (with Grace Pownall and Maria Vulcheva).
- The Economic Impact of the Dodd Frank Act of 2010: Evidence from Market Reactions to the Events Surrounding the Passage of the Act, December 2011 (with Yu Gao and Scott Liao).
- Bank CEOs, Inside Debt Compensation, and the Global Financial Crisis, September, 2011 (with Fred Tung).
Areas of Specialization
- Role of accounting information in corporate governance decisions
- Economic consequences of securities regulation
Achievements and Honors
- Emerald Citation for Excellence, 2011
- Research Grants, Goizueta Business School, Emory University, 2006.
- Charles T. Horngren Fellowship, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, 2004.
- Doctoral Fellowship, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, 2000-2004.
- First Year Summer Research Award, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, 2001.
Memberships and Activities
- American Accounting Association
- Ad hoc referee for Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting & Economics, The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research, Review of Accounting Studies, Accounting Horizon, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Financial Review, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, AAA Annual Meetings, MAS Midyear Meetings, FARS Midyear Meetings
|PhD ||Accounting||Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago|
|MBA||Accounting||Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago|
|MA||Economics||University of Iowa|