Theodore C. Rodgers
- Assistant Professor in the Practice of Accounting
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
Theodore (Ted) Rodgers joined Goizueta Business School in May 2010. Previously he served on the faculty of the Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina. His teaching interests are in managerial and cost accounting, as well as auditing and financial accounting.
Ted’s research interests include auditor independence, market reactions to audit and managerial corporate disclosures, and corporate governance reputation formation. His primary methodological interests are in experimental economics, behavioral economics, and judgment and decision-making as they relate to accounting and auditing issues.
- “Does Cognitive Processing of Earnings News Contribute to the Market Premium for Beating Analysts’ Forecasts?” with P. Johnson, T. Lopez and B. Tuttle, September 2009.
- “Accounting Book Values and Asset Selling Prices,” with S. Jackson and B. Tuttle, November 2009.
- “Corporate Governance Reputation and the Market Reaction to the Auditor Switch and Retention Decision”
- “An Experimental Markets Examination of Investors’ Cognitive Processing and Analysts’ Forecasts,” with P. Johnson and T. Lopez.
Areas of Specialization
- Experimental economics
- Behavioral economics
Memberships and Activities
- American Accounting Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Economic Science Association
- Ph.D. Ph.D. in Accounting, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ/United States 2006
- Bachelor's BS in Phychology, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN/United States 2006