Schaefer Chaired Professor in Accounting
View Full CV
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322 USA
Shivaram Rajgopal joined Goizueta Business School in June 2010. Prior to joining Emory he was a chaired professor in the Foster School of Business of the University of Washington. Shiva’s research focuses in two areas: the investigation of the determinants and consequences of financial reporting strategies, and the exploration of the relationships between executive compensation (stock options) and the executive behavior such as risk taking.
- "Financial Reporting Quality and Idiosyncratic Volatility," with M. Venkatachalam," Journal of Accounting and Economics, forthcoming.
- “Financial Whistle Blowing: Target Firm Characteristics and Economic Consequences,” with A. Call and R. Bowen, The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- “Is PIN Priced Risk?” with P. Mohanram, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 47, pp. 226-43, 2009.
- “Neighborhood Matters: The Impact of Location on Broad Based Option Plans,” with S. Kedia, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 92, pp. 109-27, 2009.
- “Accelerated Vesting of Stock Options in Anticipation of SFAS 123R: An Empirical Investigation,” with P. Choudhary and M. Venkatachalam, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 105-46, 2009.
- “Is Silence Golden? An Empirical Analysis of Firms that Stop Earnings Guidance,” with D. Matsumoto and S. Chen.
- “Do the SEC’s Enforcement Preferences Affect Corporate Misconduct?” with S. Kedia.
Areas of Specialization
- Financial reporting issues
- Executive compensation
Achievements and Honors
- Glen McLaughlin Award for Research in Accounting Ethics, 2008
- William A. and Helen L. Fowler Award for Special Achievement/Recognition, 2007
- Notable Contribution to the Accounting Literature, American Accounting Association, 2006
Memberships and Activities
- American Accounting Association
- American Economic Association
- American Finance Association
- Associate Editor, Contemporary Accounting Research, 2007-10, 2011-present
- Editorial and Advisory Board, The Accounting Review, 2003-present
- Ad hoc referee for all major journals in accounting and finance.
|1998||PhD||Accounting||University of Iowa|
|1987||Chartered Accountant||Institute of Chartered Accountants||India|
|1988||B.Commerce||University of Bombay||India|