- Schaefer Chaired Professor in Accounting
- Phone: (404) 727-9043
Mailing Address:1300 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
BiographyShivaram Rajgopal joined Goizueta Business School in June 2010. Prior to joining Emory he was a chaired professor in the Foster School of Business of the University of Washington. Shiva's research focuses in two areas: the investigation of the determinants and consequences of financial reporting strategies, and the exploration of the relationships between executive compensation (stock options) and the executive behavior such as risk taking.
- "Financial Reporting Quality and Idiosyncratic Volatility," with M. Venkatachalam," Journal of Accounting and Economics, forthcoming.
- "Financial Whistle Blowing: Target Firm Characteristics and Economic Consequences," with A. Call and R. Bowen, The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- "Is PIN Priced Risk?" with P. Mohanram, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 47, pp. 226-43, 2009.
- "Neighborhood Matters: The Impact of Location on Broad Based Option Plans," with S. Kedia, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 92, pp. 109-27, 2009.
- "Accelerated Vesting of Stock Options in Anticipation of SFAS 123R: An Empirical Investigation," with P. Choudhary and M. Venkatachalam, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 105-46, 2009.
- "Stock Picking Skills of SEC Employees," with R. M White.
- "Is Silence Golden? An Empirical Analysis of Firms that Stop Earnings Guidance," with D. Matsumoto and S. Chen.
- "Do the SEC's Enforcement Preferences Affect Corporate Misconduct?" with S. Kedia.
Areas of Specialization
- Financial reporting issues
- Executive compensation
Achievements and Honors
- Glen McLaughlin Award for Research in Accounting Ethics, 2008
- William A. and Helen L. Fowler Award for Special Achievement/Recognition, 2007
- Notable Contribution to the Accounting Literature, American Accounting Association, 2006
Memberships and Activities
- American Accounting Association
- American Economic Association
- American Finance Association
- Associate Editor, Contemporary Accounting Research, 2007-10, 2011-present
- Editorial and Advisory Board, The Accounting Review, 2003-present
- Ad hoc referee for all major journals in accounting and finance.
- Ph.D. in Accounting, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA/United States 1998
- B.Commerce, University of Bombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra/India 1988
- Bachelor's in Chartered Accounting, Institute of Chartered Accountants, India 1987