Visiting Assistant Professor of Accounting
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322 USA
Prior to joining Goizueta Business School in June 2007, Shawn Davis was on the accounting faculty of the Olin School of Business at Washington University. Davis currently serves as a faculty research fellow for the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board in Washington, DC. Her research interests include audit judgment and decision-making, and experimental and capital markets research.
- "An experimental examination of the effect of potential revelation of identity on satisfying obligations," New Zealand Economic Papers: Special Issue in Economic Psychology and Behavioural Economics, forthcoming, with L. Ackert and B. K. Church.
- “The auditor’s reporting model,” Accounting Horizons, forthcoming, with B.K. Church and S. McCracken.
- “The impact of nonaudit service fee levels on investors' perceptions of auditor independence,” Behavioral Research in Accounting, forthcoming, with D. Hollie.
- “IDEC pharmaceuticals,” in Cases in Strategic-Systems Auditing, T.B. Bell and I. Solomon, eds, 2002, with R. King.
- “Does the disclosure of auditor materiality thresholds matter to investors: evidence from experimental markets,” working paper.
- “Social distance, trust and reciprocity,” working paper, with L. Ackert and B.K. Church.
- “Social norms and managerial capabilities,” working paper, with B.K. Church and P. Zhang.
Areas of Specialization
- Managerial accounting
- Financial accounting
- Experimental economics
Achievements and Honors
- Outstanding Auditing Dissertation Award, American Accounting Association, 2005
- PwC Research Grant, 2007
- KPMG Research Grant, 1998 and 2002
- Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting Laurel Fellow
- KPMG Foundation Doctoral Fellow
- Washington University Chancellor's Doctoral Fellow
- University of Illinois Management Leadership Grant
Memberships and Activities
- American Accounting Association
- Board of Directors Association
- Georgia Society of CPAs
- Ad hoc reviewer for Contemporary Accounting Research
- Ad hoc reviewer for Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory
- Ad hoc reviewer for Behavioral Research in Accounting
- Ad hoc reviewer for Issues in Accounting Education
|PhD||Washington University (St. Louis)|
|MBA||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|MAS||Accountancy||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|BBA||(summa cum laude)||Jackson State University|