Goizueta Directors Institute
The Goizueta Directors Institute will not be offered in 2016 so that we may have an opportunity to refresh the curriculum. We anticipate the next offering will be in the fall of 2017. Please check back to this site later for further updates. Info on the 2015 program is below.
Click HERE to view and download the 2015 Directors Institute Agenda.
The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, National Academy for Nuclear Training, and Goizueta Business School at Emory University have designed a conference specifically for board members of companies with nuclear electric generating assets. During the two-day program, participants will hear from corporate and government leaders who bring a depth of experience and expertise to the key areas of nuclear safety, oversight, and governance.
The conference focuses on strategies and tools board members can use to support their governance role in commercial nuclear electric utilities. Drawing on the diverse experiences of other board members and executives, participants will:
- Achieve a deeper understanding of the special nature of nuclear power
- Concentrate on proactive ways to integrate oversight responsibilities
- Identify ways to strengthen nuclear safety culture and further the enterprise value of nuclear assets
Industry and government leaders from a broad spectrum of corporate governance and management, nuclear operations, regulatory policy, and financial and legal communities will conduct presentations and discussions. Attendance is limited to CEOs, directors, board members, and director nominees who work with company boards. The participants will be drawn from companies with nuclear electric generating assets.
- Fundamentals of the Nuclear Culture, Design, and Terminology
- What It Means to be a Nuclear Company
- Enterprise Risk
- Political and Economic Issues Affecting Commercial Nuclear Strategies
- What Good Nuclear Governance and Oversight Looks Like
The fee to attend is $5,000 per person. This fee covers all event activities, meals, and beverages at the event site. Airfare and hotel are not included.
Phone: (404) 727-2200