Program Dates: October 2-4, 2017
Nominations for the 2017 Goizueta Directors Institute are now open! Please note: Nomination Deadline is May 1, 2017.
The 2017 Goizueta Directors Institute offers Improving the Effectiveness of Nuclear Board Members. The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, National Academy for Nuclear Training, and Goizueta Business School at Emory University have designed a conference specifically for board members of companies with nuclear electric generating assets. During the two-day program, participants will hear from corporate and government leaders who bring a depth of experience and expertise to the key areas of nuclear safety, oversight, and governance.
The conference focuses on strategies and tools board members can use to support their governance role in commercial nuclear electric utilities. Drawing on the diverse experiences of other board members and executives, participants will:
- Concentrate on practical ways to exercise oversight responsibilities
- Achieve a deeper understanding of the special nature of nuclear power
- Identify ways to strengthen nuclear safety culture and further the enterprise value of nuclear assets
Industry and government leaders from a broad spectrum of corporate governance and management, nuclear operations, regulatory policy, and financial and legal communities will conduct presentations and discussions. Attendance is limited to CEOs, directors, board members, and director nominees who work with company boards. The participants will be drawn from companies with nuclear electric generating assets.
- Fundamentals of the Nuclear Culture, Design, and Terminology
- What It Means to be a Nuclear Company
- Enterprise Risk
- Current Political and Economic Issues Affecting Commercial Nuclear Strategies
- Elements of Good Nuclear Governance and Engagement
The fee to attend is $5,000 per person. This fee covers all event activities, meals, and beverages at the event site. Airfare and hotel are not included.
Phone: (404) 727-2200