Goizueta Directors Institute
Program Dates: September 28-30, 2015
Nominations for the 2015 Goizueta Directors Institute are now open!
The 2015 Goizueta Directors Institute offers Improving the Effectiveness of Nuclear Board Members. The Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, National Academy for Nuclear Training, and Goizueta Business School at Emory University have designed a conference specifically for board members of companies with nuclear electric generating assets. During the two-day program, participants will hear from corporate and government leaders who bring a depth of experience and expertise to the key areas of nuclear safety, oversight, and governance.
The conference focuses on strategies and tools board members can use to support their governance role in commercial nuclear electric utilities. Drawing on the diverse experiences of other board members and executives, participants will:
- Achieve a deeper understanding of the special nature of nuclear power
- Concentrate on proactive ways to integrate oversight responsibilities
- Identify ways to strengthen nuclear safety culture and further the enterprise value of nuclear assets
Industry and government leaders from a broad spectrum of corporate governance and management, nuclear operations, regulatory policy, and financial and legal communities will conduct presentations and discussions. Attendance is limited to CEOs, directors, board members, and director nominees who work with company boards. The participants will be drawn from companies with nuclear electric generating assets.
- Nuclear Essentials for Utility Executives: Fundamentals of the Nuclear Culture, Design, and Terminology
- Enterprise Risk Management: What Keeps You Up at Night
- Political and Economic Issues Affecting Commercial Nuclear Strategies
- Understanding Plant Performance: A Case Study
- What does Good Governance Look Like
The fee to attend is $5,000 per person. This fee covers all event activities, meals, and beverages at the event site. Airfare and hotel are not included.
Phone: (404) 727-2200