Marketing has become a strategic imperative. You must understand your customer - whether it's another business or your end consumer. Some areas of marketing - the strategy - are important, regardless of your target. Others, however, are specialized.
Strategic Marketing Management is a 2-day offering that lets you first understand key strategic marketing concepts in Day 1 - to study the "core" marketing topics. Then, in Day 2, you choose your focus - either on consumer marketing or business to business marketing. Woven throughout the course are opportunities to interact with successful marketing leaders of today.
- Course Dates: November 9-10, 2016
- Program Fee: $1,995
This course helps you to:
- Understand core marketing strategies including targeting, segmenting, and positioning.
- Concentrate your learning in the type of marketing that you do for your job.
- Learn from experts who have real-world marketing experience.
Who Should Attend
- Strategic marketing management is for individuals wishing to elevate their skills as strategic marketers. Executives who manage key business-to-business marketing relationships should take the B2B track; those who are responsible for consumer marketing endeavors should take the B2C track.
- Strategic Marketing Management is ideal for those who have been engaged in the marketing function or who regularly interface with marketing and find that they need refreshed knowledge or who have shifted to a different type of marketing - e.g. a consumer marketer now has responsibility or needs capability in business-to-business marketing.
- Utilize positioning and targeting as a way to understand the market structure and a method to use to prioritize your key customers.
- Position your product to match design to customer needs and sustain differentiation.
- Identify sources of company value that go beyond customer value and include information value, communication value, and loyalty value.
- Identify opportunities for growth.
Business to Business track
- Identify and capture channel value by understanding how people want to buy.
- Explore the supply side of channels and align demand with supply.
- Develop a B2B pricing strategy to manage the unique challenges of B2B pricing.
- Motivate B2B partners by understanding relationships, governance, and incentives.
Business to Consumer track
- Align branding elements with strategy to articulate the brand's source to the customer.
- Measure brand value.
- Develop a communication plan that utilizes traditional and nontraditional communications.
- Understand earn, paid, and owned media, and how and when to purse those types of communication.
This program features some of Emory Executive Education's top Content Experts. Some of the Goizueta Faculty who may teach in this program are:
November 9-10, 2016. $1,995 per person.