"Leadership is one of the things you cannot delegate. You either excercise it, or you abdicate it."- Roberto C. Goizueta
Goizueta Business School's mission is to develop "principled leaders for global enterprise", building upon the legacy of the late Coca-Cola Chairman and CEO Roberto Goizueta. The goal of our Leadership Development Program is to "prepare students to demonstrate effective leadership behaviors regardless of their organizational context."
Our philosophy emphasizes that leadership is a skill developed throughout your life by study, experience, effective feedback, and reflection. The Goizueta Leadership Development Program enables this development, by providing you with the opportunity and tools to grow as a leader during the program and beyond. Our holistic program offers you the opportunity to:
- Embark upon your own personal leadership journey
- Acquire the knowledge and competencies needed to become a "Principled Leader for Global Enterprise"
- Participate in assessment, feedback, coaching, and reflection
- Measurably increase your leadership competencies as you progress through the program
Leadership Development Pillars
There is no question that leadership skills are central to being a success in business. That's why at Goizueta, we make cultivating these talents central to your MBA experience.
Throughout our courses and electives, you are exposed to the fundamental core values that drive principled, effective leaders. From there, you can take coaching skills, concepts, strategies, and tools learned throughout your core classes and practice them both in team and individual sessions.
We integrate experiential opportunities so you practice resilient leadership in real-life situations. Our challenging Leader's Reaction Course conducted at Fort Benning uniquely applies team-based problem solving, decision-making, and communications skills using one of the US Army's most valued experiences.
Woven throughout are opportunities for you to receive immediate and consistent feedback from coaches, mentors, faculty, and other students through individual and team action reviews, so you understand where you excel but also where you can improve. Leadership Development activities include feedback from executive coaches who are key thought-leaders in both the academia and the business community.
Student Leadership Activities
Discovering Your Leadership Style
Becoming a leader is a continuous process. A primary goal of our Executive MBA Program is to equip students with the tools necessary to reach the next level in their leadership potential. The program relies on assessment instruments, individual coaching, and related coursework to help our students become more self-aware.
We believe successful leaders must have competencies in each of the following areas, and students learn these competencies in the classroom through a variety of tools:
- Cognitive - Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Behavioral - Leading others and communication skills
- Emotional - Self-awareness and understanding others
- Relational - Managing interpersonal relationships
Additionally, Executive MBA students participate in the following courses which are built into the curriculum to formalize leadership training with the academic experience:
Core Courses & Required Leadership Seminars
These are non-credit, experiential learning opportunities available to students.
- Early intensive focus on teamwork and team leadership
- Birkman Method leadership assessment instrument
- Ethics seminar
- Developing Team Dynamics and Reflection Process Seminar
- Crisis Leadership seminar
- Gettysburg Battlefield Strategic Leadership Experience with Army War College
- Peer feedback and executive coaching initiative
Leadership Course Offerings
"Our Goizueta IMPACT core course, focused on structured problem solving for real-world businesses, has featured many high profile companies as their clients, including Home Depot, Coca-Cola and Porsche."- Did You Know?