Four essays must be answered and submitted for your application to be considered complete. (Only two essays are required for re-applicants). Remember to review each question carefully. We consider essays to be a very important part of the application process, and they are your opportunity to show the Admissions Committee a bit about yourself beyond the application itself. Please visit the Essays page for details on the questions and how to submit your finished essays.
Please address the questions below and submit all essays through one PDF file. Essays should be written in 12-point font and double-spaced. You may attach your essays to your online application or you may email them as an attachment to EMBAAdmissions@emory.edu.
MBA for Executives Applicant Essays
Answer all essays, following the directions indicated in the questions. NOTE: Applicants who apply to more than one MBA program will only complete the essay question requirement related to their first program preference.
Complete each of the following questions:
- What is your short-term career goal and why is an MBA from Goizueta an important next step toward that goal? Please limit your responses to 200 words.
- What is your long-term career goal and what aspect of your MBA education will most help you reach that goal? Please limit your responses to 200 words.
- What is your most significant professional accomplishment? Describe your role in this activity and how it helped shape your management skills. Your response should be between 300 and 500 words.
- Team Skills are an important component of a successful Executive MBA experience. Share with us an experience that helped shape your team skills, what you learned from the experience and how you have been able to incorporate these skills in your professional and/or personal life. Your response should be limited to 250-300 words.
- In 25 words or less, what is a fun fact you would like to share with your classmates?
Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions:
- Why have you decided to pursue an MBA at this time? (150 words or less)
- What are your short-term post-MBA goals? (150 words or less)
- What are your long-term professional aspirations? (150 words or less)
- Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School's MBA Program since your last application. (250 words or less)