BBA Life & Leadership Overview
Goizueta's BBA students engage in a unique curriculum that adopts a holistic, multifaceted approach to developing leadership abilities. Beginning with your overnight orientation retreat and continuing throughout your two years in the BBA Program, you will participate in a series of coordinated and impactful experiences, including:
- A 360-degree assessment that will identify your leadership competencies, increase your self-awareness, and create an actionable plan
- Junior seminars in which you will begin the professional development process, gain corporate insights, and learn about interdisciplinary leadership research
- Individual coaching sessions
- A business communications course that will strengthen your written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Senior seminars in which you will develop industry-specific insights, fine-tune your career skills, and increase your professional exposure
- Case competitions that will enhance your ability to work under pressure, think on the fly, tolerate ambiguity, and produce innovative solutions
You will also have the opportunity to gain leadership experience in organizations and clubs across the University. We are proud to note that Goizueta hosts the largest student-run business leadership conference in the country, which brings over 100 student leaders and some of the world's most respected global business thinkers to campus for workshops, lectures, networking, and case competitions.
Goizueta believes that individual development and personal growth is most effectively achieved over time, experientially, and through multiple venues. Leadership is important at all levels of an organization, requiring a varied repertoire of styles and competencies. Our goal is to enhance not only your cognitive capabilities, but also your social, behavioral, and emotional skills. These four interconnected dimensions are embedded in the positive values and principles that support and inform the entire Goizueta community.