- Ryan Douglas, 13MBASenior Consultant, First Annapolis Consulting
Dedicated to doing business the right way, Ryan Douglas 13MBA came to Goizueta because of pride taken in developing people who adhere to a higher standard. He discovered that, because the seven core values woven into the curriculum, he was able to anticipate the best solution for any situation. Ultimately, the community changed his view of business and his role therein.
"Being challenged to live by the values of Courage, Integrity, Accountability, Rigor, Diversity, Team, and Community has helped me realize there's another level to being a business leader. Goizueta excels at usual must-haves in a top 25 school -- but it also instills essential values in its students and I'm proud to align myself with a network of that caliber."
- Rhonda Fischer, 13MBAChief Operating Officer, East Lake Foundation
While working as a consultant for six years, Rhonda Fischer 13MBA, never lost sight of her passion for public service. On a leap of faith, she rebooted her career as a grants coordinator for a healthcare foundation. Her work in the nonprofit sector showed her how valuable an MBA degree could be. She chose Goizueta for its success in helping students learn to manage ambiguity -- the one constant in an ever-changing world of nonprofit leadership.
"Goizueta focuses on teaching students how to analyze the most complex problems and develop creative solutions. I gained the knowledge and confidence to tackle any problem, regardless of the industry. This ability to effectively navigate the business world for the remainder of career was a great return on my investment."
- Conrad Holub, 14MBAInvestment Banking Associate, SunTrust
Problem-solving seemed straightforward to Conrad Holub 14MBA in his career as a financial analyst. However, he knew that the business challenges would only become murkier as he transitioned into management. Gaining the skills needed to take charge in the ambiguous world of investment baking, he used the One-Year Program to accelerate his career and set himself up for success as a leader.
"As a manager and leader, it's up to you to find a strategic direction when the solution isn't obvious. My Management Practice module gave me experience in creating a worldwide mobile strategy -- that's hands-on learning you can't get anywhere else. Goizueta gave me the toolkit I need to work my way up the corporate ladder and the confidence to lead my colleagues."
- Clair Krigline, 14MBAPre-Goizueta Employment: Senior Associate Consultant, Triage Consulting Group
Words of Wisdom: While getting your MBA, be sure to take full advantage of all the opportunities presented to you. The program will fly by so quickly, so get involved as soon as you arrive on campus and try your best to get to know as many people as possible! The Goizueta community is amazing and one of the best ways to leverage your experience is to build your network with the high caliber people who constantly surround you.
Why you Chose Goizueta: I chose Goizueta because I had an instant connection with the people from the first time I visited. Like most other things in life, it is the people who are going to make your experience and the genuine community I saw here made me want to be a part of it.
- Chris Fellows, 13MBAAssociate, SunTrust Robinson HumphreyChris Fellows 13MBA knew that Goizueta could provide him with the added knowledge, skill, and network he needed while offering a full experience all within a year. "The One-Year format at Goizueta has allowed me to gain a broader analytical perspective without sacrificing the career momentum I had prior to business school," says Chris. Among his most influential elective classes, he lists Negotiations, Corporate Governance and Firm Value, and Competitive Advantage. During his time in the program, Chris also participated with the Center for Alternative Investments.
- Brian Francfort, 13MBALicensing Specialist, US EPG at Microsoft
- Jonathan Gibson, 10MBAAssociate Director of Strategy at OgilvyJonathan Gibson 10MBA knew early on that he wanted a career in marketing and advertising, with a focus on strategy. As an undergrad, he majored in business, then moved to New York to work in the marketing field for four years before heading to Atlanta to pursue a One-Year MBA at Goizueta. Given his solid grounding in business fundamentals, clear academic goals, and desire to return quickly to the workforce, Gibson found Goizueta’s one-year program ideal. The program helped him build on his professional successes by expanding both “soft” and analytical skills. In just 12 months, Gibson was able to travel to Turkey with fellow students on a mid-semester study module, gain leadership experience as an event organizer for Goizueta’s Pride Alliance, and take advantage of Goizueta’s career management resources. Gibson’s time at Goizueta advanced his career by years, giving him the essential knowledge and skills to meet the demands of his new strategy position at a world-leading advertising agency with enthusiasm and confidence.
- Pinar Samur, 14MBAPre-Goizueta Employment: Senior Business Planning Manager, North America Commercial Leadership, Coca-Cola Refreshments
Pinar Samur 14MBA decided to pursue her MBA not only to broaden her skills and knowledge in general management, but also to specialize in new developments in the marketing. "I decided to enroll at Goizueta for couple of reasons. First and foremost, it is a Top 20 MBA program with a close community feeling and advantages. Second, the rigorous One Year MBA program that enabled me to get the MBA skills and experience in one year and get back to the business world quickly."
When it came time to do her homework and research MBA Programs, Pinar was able to reach out to alumni and current students, who willingly shared their experiences and encouraged her to apply. "I was attracted to the endless opportunities to expand my knowledge and experience in one year time period," says Pinar. She lists Goizueta Marketing Strategy Consulting (GMSC) projects, Management Practice projects and Goizueta Advanced Leadership Academy (GALA) as key influencers on her decision to choose Goizueta.
- Donato Wilkins, 14MBAPre-Goizueta Employment: Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A, Newell Rubbermaid
Donato Wilkins 14MBA has a goal of becoming a business leader that drives strategic decisions. He wanted to refine his critical thinking and analytical skills to better his ability to evaluate business problems and find the best solutions. "I knew an MBA education would give me the opportunity to sharpen my overall business acumen," says Donato.
Donato chose to enroll in Goizueta's One-Year MBA Program because he already possessed a strong business background. Having graduated from Goizueta as a BBA, he wanted to re-engage with the Goizueta community at a graduate level.