Customer Insights and Analytics
Overview of the Role
Customer insights refer to the collection and analysis of data that allows a business to acquire, develop and retain customers. The focus is on developing a deep understanding of customer perceptions and behaviors. A central part of any customer insights role involves translating data insights into managerial action. Those in the role ask questions to arrive at the appropriate answers needed to guide decision making from new product launches to expansion plans for new markets.
What Recruiters Want
Recruiters for jobs in Customer Insights look for an array of skills, including:
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills to help translate data into solutions.
- Past experience in an analytical field is a plus, including project-based work in various industries.
- Proven project management skills
Sample Hiring Companies
BBDO, Emerson, NCR
Students at Goizueta choose from a variety of electives in the area of customer insights marketing, including:
- Business Forecasting
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Data Analysis Using SAS (directed study)
- Decision Modeling
- Decision Tools and Visualization
- Management Science in Spreadsheets
- Managerial Accounting
- Market Intelligence
- Marketing Analytics Fieldwork
- Syndicated Data Analysis (Modules)