Goizueta Evening MBA students have a variety of options available to fulfill the required International Study module This one-week global learning experience allows students to study business issues and cultural topics that expand their global perspective. You will be exposed to the complexities, opportunities and challenges of the current business climate, allowing you to visit and see firsthand how global companies develop and manage their international businesses.
Partner University International Study
- Maastricht University - The Netherlands (Maastricht): This trip included a visit to the European Parliament in Brussels and Vodafone. Lectures included Global Responsible Leadership and European Union Governance.
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas (FGV)- Brazil (Rio de Janeiro): Students visited Vale – one of the largest mining companies in the world, IBM; and Brazilian Development Bank.
- Fudan University - China (Shanghai): Along with a company visit, courses included International Relations and Geopolitics of China; Chinese Economic Transition; and Marketing in China.
Goizueta International Colloquium
Evening MBA students work with the Program Office to determine where this faculty led study will be conducted. Previous trips include travel to the following locations:
- Brazil: This trip included stops in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro to examine Brazilian companies conducting business in telecommunications, online marketing, mining, and the implementation of "green practices."
- Dubai: In this Middle Eastern hub for IT and financial services, students visited one of the world's most innovative real estate development companies, Limitless, and spoke with financial experts at CNBC.
- China: In Shanghai and Beijing, students toured a Newell-Rubbermaid plant, met with executives from The Coca-Cola Company and CNN Beijing and examined the challenges and opportunities of doing business in a newly market-driven Communist country.
Other trips have been to South Africa, Turkey and Greece. *The location for Goizueta International Colloquium changes each year.
Social Enterprise @ Goizueta
In addition to the annual International Colloquium, faculty often sponsor additional trips to various regions.
- Nicaragua: Professor Peter Roberts leads an Evening MBA student trip to Nicaragua to learn about the unique development challenges facing the region in partnership with local organizations focusing on sustainability, women & children and agriculture.