Our Executive MBA provides students with the academic foundation that top business leaders need—fluency in the language, knowledge and tools used in each major business function. Our academically rigorous, lockstep program takes you through a set sequence of courses with a cohort of your peers. Goizueta’s world-class faculty designed this sequence to enhance the breadth and depth of knowledge gained during the program. The major academic areas you will study include:
- Accounting—evaluates an enterprise by measuring and communicating business performance. This includes financial accounting and strategic cost management.
- Finance— encompasses micro-investment theory, economics of uncertainty, the role of financial markets and institutions, the regulation of financial products, firms and markets, the theory of the firm, and corporate governance.
- Information Systems & Operations Management (ISOM)—covers the systems and processes that define the operating and information practices in firms, markets, and society.
- Marketing—focuses on determining, creating, communicating, and delivering a value proposition that meets the needs of an organization's customers.
- Organization and Management (O&M)—studies how and why organizations and individuals behave. This area includes strategy, leadership and other subjects.
Emory Executive MBA students are required to complete one elective course to satisfy degree requirements. These electives are offered during the course of the Executive MBA program. During the program and for up to two years after graduation, students also have access to electives offered in the Evening and Full-Time MBA programs.
Current Modular MBA Electives*:
- Emerging Topics in Finance
*In the Modular format, one standard elective is included in the curriculum.
Current Weekend MBA Electives:
- Real Estate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Students have the option of completing an independent study project in order to satisfy the elective requirement. This option provides students with the opportunity to dive deeper into an area of interest. Recent topics have included:
- Consumer Behavior
- White Paper on Profitability on Investments in Sustainable Real Estate
- Starting a merchandising company
- A business plan for luxury global tourism corporation
- IFRS Convergency in the Aerospace Industry
- Business plan for Emory’s Institute for Drug Discovery
- Renewable Energy