Climbing To The Top Starts With One Step
Advancing your career starts here. Pursuing your Goizueta Executive MBA will open doors you never knew existed. You will prepare yourself for situations that cannot be expected. And you will take your career, and the careers of those who follow you, to new heights.
What It Takes To Pursue A Goizueta Executive MBA
In business there is no one answer. Every situation is different. Success is the result of a combination of factors playing together. The same can be said of what we look for in our students. There's no set skill set or any one score we look for in particular. We're looking for something more than any test can decipher. We're looking for candidates with proven track records and the drive to fulfill their potential.
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action in admissions, educational programs and employment. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status.
There is no "ideal" profile of a Goizueta EMBA student. We strongly believe that the greater the diversity of the class, the richer the learning experience for you.
Successful applicants will have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a strong academic record
- Significant post-college work experience; typically 8-10 years or more
- Supportive letters of recommendation
- Professional achievement and career progression with a strong preference for depth and breadth of experiences, interests and responsibility
- Current position that involves significant management responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership - drive, initiative, maturity and self-confidence
- Commitment to the Goizueta Community and adding value to Goizueta's elite EMBA program
- Evidence of academic preparedness and competitive GMAT or GRE score or an approved GMAT/GRE waiver
- International candidates need a strong command of both written and spoken English
Goizueta requires that all applicants fully complete our application processes outlined below in order to be reviewed for admission.
It is not necessary to complete your application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access it from any computer using the username and password that you create when you begin.
Completed applications contain the following:
- Online Application
- GMAT or GRE Scores (Waivers Available)
- English Language Test Scores (For International Applicants)
- Application Fee
Interviews are required as part of the application process. Goizueta offers interviews most days of the week on the Emory Campus and in selected cities throughout the US. Out-of-state and international candidates may request a phone interview. Interviews typically last 45 minutes to one hour, and are conducted by a member of the Admissions Committee. The format is conversational and relaxed, but applicants are requested to dress in business attire and bring a current resume. For more information on expectations or to schedule an interview, please visit our interviews page.
You must electronically submit a business résumé. The résumé should contain employment and education background. The employment section should include locations, titles, and dates, starting with your most recent job. The education section should include dates of attendance and degrees received.
Four essays must be completed and submitted for your application to be considered complete. Please visit the Essays page for details on the questions and how to submit your finished essays. Remember to review each question carefully. We consider essays to be a very important part of the application process, and they are your opportunity to tell the Admissions Committee a bit about yourself beyond the application itself.
As a general policy, Goizueta Business School requires either a GMAT or a GRE score of all applicants. Official score reports must be sent to the Goizueta Business School directly from the testing service. Please request that they be sent prior to the application deadline. GMAT and GRE Scores are valid for five years from the examination date. If you have taken the GMAT or GRE multiple times, your best score will be used.
However, the Admissions Office will consider, on a case-by-case basis, GMAT waiver requests for the EMBA program. Waivers are not automatic for any candidate. To learn how to request a waiver, visit our GMAT Waivers page.
Goizueta Business School expects all students to possess strong communication skills in English. For applicants whose native language is not English, we require the TOEFL exam or the Pearson Test of English (PTE)*. The minimum score for the internet-based TOEFL is 100 and the minimum score for the PTE is 68. For those applicants without access to the TOEFL IBT, the minimum score on the paper-based test is 600. To waive the TOEFL or PTE, a candidate must have:
- Spent at least 3 years in the U.S. studying toward completion of an undergraduate degree, OR
- Completed a graduate degree followed by at least 2 years of work in the U.S., OR
- Received an undergraduate degree from an institution in which English is the language of instruction and works in a country where the commerce is generally conducted in English, such as Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Ghana, Nigeria and Uganda
* In cases where the TOEFL or PTE is not available, the IELTS exam score may be submitted. The minimum IELTS score required is a 7.0.
We accept a scanned copy of your university transcripts for evaluative purposes. We do not accept records that you have downloaded for personal use. Acceptable documents must include the university/college name, your name, degree conferred with date (if applicable), grade point average and all courses with grades received. We require transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, including study abroad if grades are not reflected on your home institution's transcript.
If you are admitted to the program you will be required to submit official transcripts at the time of your enrollment deposit. Please plan ahead.
As part of the MBA application, we require at least two letters of recommendation submitted either online or via hardcopy. We prefer that these recommendations are professional in nature. Please be thoughtful when selecting your recommenders, and make sure that you choose at least one person who knows you well in your current position, such as a direct supervisor, project manager or client. Visit our recommendations page for instructions on submitting recommendations.
We require an application fee from all applicants. Applications cannot be fully processed until the application fee is received. Application fees are not waived*. Your application fee varies depending on how many programs you have applied for, and your fee total can be found on the home page of your online application.
Application fees are as follows:
- Applying to MEMBA and/or WEMBA - $150
- An additional $25 application fee applies for 2nd and 3rd program choices other than Modular and Weekend Executive MBA formats.
Paying the Application Fee
You can pay your application fee two ways:
(Visa, MasterCard and Discover – Debit Cards are not accepted)
Send a check or money order made payable to Goizueta Business School and list your name and date of birth. Please send your check to:Emory University
Goizueta Business School
1300 Clifton Road, Suite W288
Atlanta, GA 30322
Both formats of the Executive MBA Program enroll once a year in late summer. Applications are reviewed in rounds and only when they are complete with all required materials, including official test scores, recommendation letters, official transcripts, essays, resume and interview. Candidates should click here to verify application status. Applications received after the final deadline will be reviewed on a space available basis. Notifications will be made as quickly as possible following review and accepted candidates should be ready to pay their deposits immediately.
|Round||Application Deadline||Decision Notification||Deposit Due|
|Round 1||December 1||December 15||February 1|
|Round 2||March 1||March 15||April 5|
|Round 3||April 15||May 2||May 25|
|Round 4||June 1||June 15||July 7|
|Round 5||July 15||July 29||August 15|
|Round 6||August 15||August 22||September 1|
Applying in an earlier round allows more time after admission to prepare for the start of classes, but there is no advantage or disadvantage between rounds in terms of admission. Applicants should choose the round in which they feel they can submit their strongest possible application.
Applications received after the Round 6 deadline will be considered on a space available basis. Notifications will be made as quickly as possible following review and accepted candidates should be ready to pay their deposits immediately.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to limit the size of the entering class, and all decisions are final. To reserve a place in the class, accepted applicants must submit a $2000 non-refundable deposit that will be applied to the first semester's tuition.
If you are re-applying within two years of your original application, you are required to submit the information below. If more than two years have passed since your last application, you must complete all parts of the admission application.
- Online application and $150 re-application fee
- Updated résumé
- A new or updated recommendation
- Interview - It is not necessary for re-applicants who have completed an interview within the last year to interview again, but we strongly encourage you to do so.
- Re-applicant Essays - Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past should follow the directions indicated in the re-applicant portion of the Essays Page.