The mission of Goizueta Mentors is to help students bridge the gap between the academic and professional world through the practical insight, coaching and experiences of alumni. This successful program matches students with experienced professionals for career and life guidance and development, while offering alumni an opportunity to strengthen ties to Goizueta Business School. In addition to the relationship between mentor and protégé, there are also events throughout the school year to meet other alumni, professors and students.
How It Works
Students and alumni complete an online application about interests and professional experience, which is then used to match alumni mentors with students. The program begins with an annual kick-off event where protégés and mentors are introduced to each other. Then, over the course of the school year, each pair spends time together regularly to talk, ask questions, share advice and more.
You don't have to live in Atlanta to mentor a Goizueta student. Because many students hope to work outside of the Atlanta area upon graduation, our e-mentoring program puts experienced Goizueta alumni throughout the world in contact with students through phone and email.
There are program expectations for Mentors and protégés to ensure a fulfilling and meaningful experience. Mentors and protégés participating in the program should agree to the following:
- Protégés will make initial outreach to mentor within two weeks of receiving match email.
- Protégés will prepare an overall agenda for each meeting and will work with mentors to establish goals and expectations for the year.
- Maintain monthly communication in the form of email, phone call or personal interaction.
- Make every effort to attend the opening reception for the Goizueta Mentor Program and any subsequent events throughout the year.
- Alert the Alumni Relations Office if there are any issues with communication or concerns about the program.
To learn more about the program, email the Office of Alumni Relations or call us at (404) 727-6374.