Dean's Leadership Speaker Series
Annually, Goizueta Business School welcomes some of the most respected thought leaders in business to be participants in our Dean's Leadership Speaker Series. This series, hosted in conjunction with Atlanta's NPR affiliate station WABE 90.1, offers Goizueta students, alumni, faculty and corporate friends the opportunity to hear from and interact with industry leaders from around the globe. Taking place in both the fall and spring, speakers visit campus to discuss a range of topics and participate in private receptions with selected guests.
Well-known both inside and outside the world of business, many of our speakers have played key roles in shaping the economic trends of the past few decades—and continue to have a direct impact on the future of our economy and the world at large.
Designed to connect our students and alumni with leaders worldwide, the Dean's Leadership Speaker Series gives both undergraduate and graduate students at Goizueta the chance to meet, hear from and interact with those working at the highest echelons of corporate leadership around the world.
Through this series, speakers have visited Goizueta to share their perspectives on the complexities, challenges and opportunities facing leaders in today's global business climate.
Speaker events are closed to the public, though invitations are given to select members of the business community and candidates interested in our BBA and MBA programs. Prospective students can find out more about our programs and request information for details.
Select Speakers Have Included:
President of Charles Schwab Foundation SVP of Charles Schwab and Co., Inc.
The world is full of ever-complicated financial models and investment methods. Making sense of it all can be a daunting task. Schwab addressed a standing-room-only crowd April 8 at Goizueta, sharing details of her new book: The Charles Schwab Guide to Finances After Fifty: Answers to Your Most Important Money Questions.
President and Chief Executive Officer, TIAA-CREF
Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., president and chief executive officer of TIAA-CREF, and Larry Benveniste, the John H. Harland Dean, engaged in a wide-ranging discussion covering such topics as the current economic landscape, the demographic changes reshaping our nation, and the challenges in funding retirement and other financial goals. They considered what steps individuals can take to better ensure their own lifelong financial security in the current environment. TIAA-CREF has evolved from a national pension fund to a high profile asset management firm with $502 billion in AUM. Previously, Mr. Ferguson served as vice chairman of the Board of Governors of the U.S. Federal Reserve System.
New York Times Bestselling author
New York Times bestselling author Daniel Pink gave a humorous talk focusing on the evolution of sales, the role of motivation in selling, and his latest book titled To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others. Pink pointed to the misconceptions associated with sales and blamed the prior lack of research in the field. He also complimented Goizueta for offering sales classes, which he described as a rarity at many top business schools.
United States Congressman
Lewis was the keynote speaker at the 2012 Diverse Leadership Conference. The Conference's theme was global business awareness. During his keynote address, Lewis highlighted the importance of courage in leadership.
Other Past Speakers
- David Abney, Chief Operating Officer for United Parcel Service
- Herbert Allen, former CEO of Allen & Co Investment
- Sharon Allen, Chairman of the Board, Deloitte Consulting
- Sara Blakely, Founder of Spanx
- Arthur M. Blank, Owner and CEO of the Atlanta Falcons
- John Chidsey, Former CEO of Burger King
- Mark Cuban, Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
- Michael Eskew, Chairman and CEO of UPS
- James C Kennedy, Chairman and CEO of Cox Enterprises
- Muhtar Kent, CEO and Chairman, The Coca-Cola Company
- A.G. Lafley, President, CEO, and Chairman of Procter & Gamble
- Steven Levitt, Author of “Freakonomics”
- Dr. John Maxwell, Author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Alexis Maybanks, Co-Founder of Gilt.com
- Anne Mulcahy, Former Chairman and CEO of Xerox
- Duncan Niederauer, CEO of NYSE Euronext
- Usher Raymond, Recording Artist and Philanthropist
- John G. Rice, Vice Chairman, CEO of GE Infrastructure and President of GE Infrastructure, General Electric Co.
- Kasim Reed, Atlanta Mayor
- Mitt Romney, Former Governor of Massachusetts and 2012 US Presidential Candidate
- Richard Sandor, CEO of Chicago Climate Exchange
- Rick Smith, CEO of Equifax
- Roger Staubach, Former NFL player and Chairman and CEO of The Staubach Company