Successful Alumni Business Leaders
- John Chidsey, CEO of Burger King
- Duncan Niederauer, CEO of NYSE Euronext
- Brian Gallagher, President and CEO of the United Way of America
- Marvin Ellison, EVP – U.S. Stores at The Home Depot
- Shan Cooper, GM of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Emory alumni have included one U.S. vice president, several U.S. senators and representatives, three governors, three ambassadors, one Supreme Court justice, several university presidents, five Pulitzer Prize winners and an astronaut.
- Kenneth Cole, an Emory College graduate, is a leading American fashion designer.
- Emory College alumnus Newt Gingrich is former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Goizueta has one of the most successful Alumni Mentor Programs in the country matching over 400 alumni to 400 students each year. Students and mentors come from all of the programs in the school (BBA, Fulltime MBA, EvMBA, and EMBA). This successful program matches students with experienced professionals for career and life guidance and development, while offering alumni an opportunity to strengthen ties to back to the school. In addition to the relationship between mentor and protégé, there are also events throughout the school year to meet other alumni, professors and students.
Goizueta engages alumni around the world through a variety of programming and volunteer activities. During the past academic year (2009-2010) over 30% of Goizueta alumni connected with the school. This engagement rate is the highest of all the schools at Emory University.